Spartan - Javelin Bi-pod

I had a look at their gear this year at the IWA.  I had also fitted two flush fitting gun smith mounts on our foxing rifle. One just in front of the bottom metal mainly for tripod use and the other up front. The good thing is that the underside of the stock has nothing sticking out and one can shoot off bags or high seat windows without a swivel stud catching. The lightweight bipod can be carried in a pocket until needed. I have the Javelin which is the pocket version as well as the a Spartan 300 which can fold up and stay on the rifle. All very good, well made and light. The only thing I am not mad about is the twist turn fix of the carbon tubes. Once adjusted they are not too bad but I think there might be a better solution on the way. Spartan are a very innovative crowd and will keep improving the product.

edi

Thanks Edi

I also had a look at them at the Shooting Show in Birmingham last month and they looked and felt great. I just wondered if they were worth the money compared to a Harris or equivalent. I think I may have to splash the funds and try one.

Best wishes and thanks for your update.

Archived