Simpson Bros. of Oundle (Bradshaws): Exemplary service

maximus otter

After my recent post praising Countryman of Derby, I promise I'm not going to make a habit of listing excellent gun shops. However, after my experience today, I must draw the forum's attention to Simpson Bros. of Oundle, Northants. (Formerly known as Bradshaw's).

I'm an experienced shooter and reloader, but I made a daft error: I popped the firing pin out of the bolt of my Sako 75 to check how much my brass had lengthened in firing. I assumed that the firing pin would be as easy to reinsert as it was to remove. Bad idea. After spending a looooong time trying to reassemble the bolt without the proper tools, I surrendered and drove to Simpsons, where I presented my shamefaced self to Ian with the remains of the Sako bolt in an oily cloth.

To Ian's credit, he kept a straight face and - using the approved Sako plastic bolt tool - he put the bolt back together in seconds. 

Here is the reason behind this post: Not only did Ian not charge me for his gunsmithing services, he gave me the Sako bolt tool free of charge. Thank you, Ian!

I have no connection with Simpson Bros. other than as a very satisfied customer.

maximus otter

Archived