I don't mind bullet heads... at least one knows the guy saying it is not very experienced and we both know hat is meant. For the inexperienced a bullet can also mean the complete cartridge.

language is dynamic, hell knows maybe in the future the dictionaries might fix the naming of the cartridge. head = a rse???

edi

Nothing bad at all about the term 'bullet heads' imo.

its completely valid and removes any confusion or ambiguity which might otherwise occur if asking for 'ammunition', 'ammo', 'bullets' etc.

sorry OP - I wouldn't know as I don't shoot .22cal

6 minutes ago, Ah8217bris said:

No worries, tried to be specfic as many gun shops are too......about experience only shot for 25 years!!

for example

http://www.newavon-arms.co.uk/product-category/bullet-heads/

All those gunshops are wrong, Ive never understood what's wrong with the word bullet though

Nothing wrong with bullet. As you say actually the correct word however many use the word "heads" or "bullet heads". As soon as the majority uses these words the dictionary might change and the term "bullet" would be the old way of saying it.

I don't care either way as being a foreigner just about all my life living on three continents I learned to be tolerant as I was always struggling to catch up on languages. 

edi

• 1 month later...

Try PPU. They do two 55gr boat tail  bullets, the B008 which I think is open based, and B616 which is more like the match king. A friend shoots these a lot at 100 and is happy. I use the 69gr a fair bit out to 500 and they're fine.

Try 1967spud, I think they have a wide range. Sub £80 / 500.

• 4 months later...

Archived