They are better than the Harris but you could buy four Harris bipods for the same price .I have one and like it but it was £280 

It might sound poncey, but they just look better and work better. No springs sticking out, more easily adjustable and just pleasingly machined. If you can afford one, buy one,

Regards,

Jon

They work completely different to a Harris. It’s not just smoke and mirrors. 

The Atlas needs to preloaded in order to obtain optimal consistency. This takes a lot of practice especially when on a hunting rifle. It isn’t often you are presented with a nicely mown position to go down prown and get yourself ready.  

The Harris is far quicker to deploy yet has the springs to twang. 

If you can get behind one before buying. There are an unlimited number of go faster bits on the internet. 

At the end of the day they both do the same thing  provide an elevated stable shooting platform.

I guess it depends on what shooting you're doing.

If mostly stalking, I'd favour the Harris. Harris is quick to deploy and personally I felt more robust and stable than the Atlas. 

Personally, I was disappointed by the amount of flex in the Atlas when legs extended - especially at the price point.

if you're target shooting, especially at distance and so require the stability - do yourself a favour and spend the extra on a Fortmeier. The legs are wider and so more stable than either the Atlas or Harris. It has a beefier construction and has a better attachment point than the others. You also don't need to preload, rather you let the rifle push back with recoil and so you don't run into issues of over torquing or 'forcing' the shot IMO.

I have just purchased a Fortmeier from Breacher on here and it’s fantastic well built and very stable not a bit of flexing anywhere, good purchase I’m well pleased I waited I normally buy the first thing I see, went to the shooting with buying a bipod in mind after looking at quite a few including the Atlas I just couldn’t part with the money for it.

When I see the Fortmeier I knew that was my bipod so shelled out some beer tokens

and was not disappointed.

Kevgun

I use the atlas a lot I love them just get used to pushing in to it or loading the pod and it's great. I also find it works well with my bog pod sticks . Having said that my mate hates them and only uses Harris one with the extra long legs this is all for Varminting use I will add. There are some cheap copies around Ide say stay clear of those unles it's for an air rifle.

8 hours ago, Kevgun said:

I have just purchased a Fortmeier from Breacher on here and it’s fantastic well built and very stable not a bit of flexing anywhere, good purchase I’m well pleased I waited I normally buy the first thing I see, went to the shooting with buying a bipod in mind after looking at quite a few including the Atlas I just couldn’t part with the money for it.

When I see the Fortmeier I knew that was my bipod so shelled out some beer tokens

and was not disappointed.

Kevgun

Thanks Kev - happy shooting !!

Sorry to hijack the thread but I was just wondering about the fortmeier bipod. 

Is there any slop in the legs or do they lock up solid to allow the rifle to recoil straight back on the ski type feet? It doesnt have to be preloaded I presume?

4 hours ago, 6.5shooter said:

Sorry to hijack the thread but I was just wondering about the fortmeier bipod. 

Is there any slop in the legs or do they lock up solid to allow the rifle to recoil straight back on the ski type feet? It doesnt have to be preloaded I presume?

Very nice pod is the Phoenix \ fortmier.no floppy sloppy bits.probably the best quality folding pod about.

Archived