The 'Tactical' K31

Laurie

How to enhance your Schmidt K31 for the 21st Century, or  .... or ruin it depending on how you view this sort of things?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/03/16/k31-sniper-chassis-system-wyssen-defence-switzerland/

(Note price - 1,850 Swiss francs = around £1,400. So you could buy three or four K31s or a whole collection of vintage Schmidts for that money, but not a genuine K55 Swiss sniper model I imagine.)

4 minutes ago, The Gun Pimp said:

I blame CNC..........!

To be honest - just about every rifle manufacturer was showing a CNC'd ally stock with a tubular hand-guard at IWA.

You'll look naked without one Laurie.

Hmmmm ... I could persuade Craig at Evo Leisure to make me a couple for my old 7X57 Mauser service rifles, 29 inch barrels and all, ........... but with tubular slotted hand-guards they'd look like MG34s and frighten the natives. 

..... or maybe I could come to love a chassis stocked 303 SMLE. (In this form, the  ultimate 'battle rifle'?) 

Nah, on long and mature reflection of maybe 10 seconds, they're not me Vince. Dolphin F-Class stocks are as much as I like in the way of alloy superstructure. 

Strongly agree with that statement Vince, second rifle down in the pic is a trg22 - same barrel, action, mag, trigger. Now gets a heavy assed cnc  stock.

Thing is I was at a very sandy and wet range for two days last week , there were two Tikka Tacs and a Tikka varmint in a krg stock. The two Tikka tac’s both had mag feeding issues and the varmint ignition issues - all due to wet sand getting everywhere. The AIAXMC never missed a beat. Moral - cool stocks are nice eye candy. 

3A1E10DE-D9CB-4F7E-B157-3DC020CA37B8.jpeg

That´s kinda over the top for the K31... but I myself intend to buy a Sureshot Armament Group chassis for one of my straightpulls to use in conjunction with diopters. The SAG chassis is more shooter ergonomics oriented, not so much a gadget.

Archived