IR Eliminater

Montey

is there an IR that doesn't show up like a torch? I.e. A black light type?

im using the NM800 on my drones at the moment fine on rabbits but some one is educating the foxs and as soon as I switch on the IR many are spooked.The other option is to pay out for a thermal scope but the ones I've looked through aren't that good. How much would I have to pay too get the same performance out of a thermal scope as my Drones prose ?

Montey 

You can go to a longer wavelength IR such as 940nm and that will essentially be invisible.  However the camera in the drone pro will only be about 1/3 as sensitive to the light at 940nm as it is to the light you're probably using at the moment (850nm), so although you will be less visible, you will also have a significant reduction in range.

There are no thermal scopes commercially available that have the resolution of a drone pro.

However, I moved from a drone pro to a 640x480 thermal scope with a 75mm lens more than 2 years ago and I now shoot a lot more foxes than I did before.

The scope I'm using can be bought from the Night vision store - it's called a WT1-76-6 and it costs £5450

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks Bruce I've spoken to Night Vision Store and I'm now looking at the thermal options Clive Ward was very helpful and his just down the road so I'm just waiting for his delivery.

The plan will be to fit the thermal on my 22-250 and keep the Drone Pro on the 243 for the longer shots.

Archived