opinions

banus02

falcon menace i am interested in a ffp + 5x25x50 but can only find advertised or the richard uttings paid for views,i am asking for views from regular users, the good /bad/ugly dont want to have to buy again.thank you.

I had a falcon menace 6-18x56 that was discontinued several years ago.optically there not the best but then what do you expect for the money.low light was very good.i had mine for 4 or 5 years.great reticle.turrets never failed.dialled in perfectly out to 1000yds and used it to good effect and it had alot of dialing.there is a fraction of play on the turrets.imho it's very good value for money and served me very well.if you order one check it out before you mount it not to leave any mounting marks.

I also owned one, the M18 4-18 x 44.

It was heavy, reasonably well made, tactical turrets with reasonable feel (no idea how accurate they were) and for the money, the glass was pretty good, certainly better than the MTC Mamba I once made the mistake of buying.  It was FFP and used a very fine ret so was fine for precision work but wouldn't have cut the grade at long range for my eyes as resolution wasn't good enough.

Saying that, there was no obvious chromatic aberration, and unlike many at the price, it could be used at maximum magnification although optical quality dropped off a bit.  Field of view was poor and eye-box was very fussy.

All in all, an honest scope for the money, not being particularly good ore bad in any area and certainly better than many at its price point including the Hawkes and awful MTC scopes.  Many people use them for target work and they have a following as they are cheap, reliable scopes.  VFM? Certainly.  Reliable?  Yes.

I have an older  4.5-18-56. I bought it when they first hit the market, at the time it was getting mixed reviews,  here for example.

http://www.snipercentral.com/scope-reviews/

It still serves me well, it 's as repeatable now as when I originally purchased it. today it owes me nothing. are there better optics out there ,,,yes.  for the same coin,,, maybe, like most things there will be positive and negative opinions, I've met folks who were unhappy with S&B, and  leupold. 

Archived