Forster honed dies

stephentri

Stephen. I ordered 2 honed 308 dies for myself and a mate and I think postage was 30 dollars and we had to pay 28 pounds duty. 

Maltbuck. I didnt send brass. I only use lapua in my 308 so I measured the outside neck diameter of a few loaded rounds and ordered the dies with the neck honed .003 smaller. Ie my loaded neck measured .338 so my dies were. 335.

Forster recommend that you order your dies 4 or 5 thou smaller than your loaded rounds and let the expander open it up again. 

3 thou is working well for us though and we did try some cbc brass and that was fine also.   You can email them and they will get back to you with any questions you have. 

7 hours ago, No i deer said:

My forster br 6.5x47 die is s standard and checking the resized case I have 2 thousandths neck tension.

Yeah that would be about right after the expander opens it up again.

Did you try one without the expander to see what it is ? 

No but I guess it would be tighter (more tension) as expander must open it up a fraction.i am very fussy with my brass and powder weights which does give me single figure Es's and no doubt the neck tension plays a big part ;)

3 hours ago, No i deer said:

No but I guess it would be tighter (more tension) as expander must open it up a fraction.i am very fussy with my brass and powder weights which does give me single figure Es's and no doubt the neck tension plays a big part ;)

Id say the expander opens it up a good bit.

Go on and size one for me without the expander ?

Archived