Competition at Bisley

No i deer

I fancy shooting some comps this year.ive not spoken to anybody who enters them to find out the details

What do I need ?

Practical rifle type shooting prone like McQueen's.

What others prone comps are there and what ranges are they.

I have SSC. I am a member of the LPSC that are bisleys bases club.

Cheers No I deer

1 hour ago, Roy W said:

The CSR league has two dates left to run, 3/3 and 8/4, still time to enter the March one

I am not into the CSR type shooting really.

What type of shooting would you say we do in the LPSC then bladders :D

Maybe not all our formats are practical rifle it seems.i am sure you shoot prone in CSR at 600yds and 300yds

In the Methuen comp there is 300yds prone in amongst the csr type shooting that the LPSC won back last year :P 

8 hours ago, No i deer said:

I am not into the CSR type shooting really.

What type of shooting would you say we do in the LPSC then bladders :D

Maybe not all our formats are practical rifle it seems.i am sure you shoot prone in CSR at 600yds and 300yds

In the Methuen comp there is 300yds prone in amongst the csr type shooting that the LPSC won back last year :P 

What are you on about?

The LPSC lost its way years ago. From being a premier Practical Rifle club that hosted events such as the PR Nationals (I'm still reigning champion BTW) and The Kemble ETR match that both used to attract big attendances, all you do now is shoot 1000 snaps, McQueens and some Gallery Rifle. It's no wonder one of your members has just defected to our club due to boredom

You're a shadow of what you once were

Ive never looked into the meaning of practical rifle.

We shoot.

1000yds snaps

600yds snaps

200 and 300yds McQueen's

We do Methuen practice and the comp

In the gallery we shoot lots of different formats that are standing.sitting and kneeling.

We do the bianchi once a year.

I joined the London (Practical) Shooting Club about 7years ago and just assumed what we did was practical rifle shooting.your were around long before I started shooting up bisley. Maybe you would care to enlighten me with your expert knowledge on the subject with your description of practical rifle shooting

1 minute ago, No i deer said:

We shoot.

1000yds snaps

600yds snaps

200 and 300yds McQueen's

In the gallery we shoot lots of different formats that are standing.sitting and kneeling.

I joined the London (Practical) Shooting Club about 7years ago and just assumed what we did was practical rifle shooting.your were around long before I started shooting up bisley. Maybe you would care to enlighten me with your expert knowledge on the subject with your description of practical rifle shooting

Nope, can't be arsed

Peter does still shoot occasionly.first time I've seen him without grey hair.he was very knowledgeable then.

Not that much has changed then in the COF's.not any less boring that prone shooting

Firearms and ammunition have improved no end i imagine.CSR is more of a walk down now rather than a rundown these days as timings are more generous.this was filmed when men were real men.

There isn't anything there cof wise I've not seen then.we use to do good shoulder bad shoulder at 600yds a few years back at 600yds.weve got a few 600yds on this year's fixtures which is nice.

Etr targets can be set of by shooting at the soil in front of them.

From what I am aware of I know quite a few who shoot with LPSC and do CSR aswell.only shooter I've not seen for ages is Colin Hudson.

I don' care if some find it boring.i love it :P

2 hours ago, bradders said:

There’s at least 4 of those guys still shooting, inc Mr Sarony

I shot with Maurice last week and he's still using that No.5, which incidentally is actually a No.4 with No.5 furniture on.

The rifle is now on it's 3rd barrel! 

It took me a few moments to recognise Peter Sorony with that hair. :)

24 minutes ago, No i deer said:

Nobody has any useful information then :wacko:

You're asking on a forum where the majority of the members don't shoot competitively....or at Bisley for that matter?

Have you tried contacting the NRA? I realise this may be a radical step :blink:

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, No i deer said:

We shoot.

1000yds snaps

600yds snaps

200 and 300yds McQueen's

Based on the above you already do all the elements of CSR. The Methuen alone covers everything involved in CSR. Which begs the question why you are against shooting CSR?

That would give you one competition day a month between Oct and Apr, plus the Imperial week.

5 minutes ago, Roy W said:

Based on the above you already do all the elements of CSR. The Methuen alone covers everything involved in CSR. Which begs the question why you are against shooting CSR?

That would give you one competition day a month between Oct and Apr, plus the Imperial week.

Coz he’s a lazy arse that wants to spend all day lying down

On 27/02/2018 at 9:53 AM, bradders said:

Coz he’s a lazy arse that wants to spend all day lying down

I'm not into the commando style shooting.

There's is one thing I am not is lazy.

Bradders is you nickname thrush.?

If not it should be coz you are an irritating qunt....?

If you can' come up with anything constructive don't bother to reply to my threads. 

1 hour ago, No i deer said:

There's is one thing I am not is lazy.

Bradders is you nickname thrush.?

If not it should be coz you are an irritating c--t.....?

If you can' come up with anything constructive don't bother to reply to my threads. 

I’ve tried to show you the way ahead,

it’s not commando type shooting, that’s your perception, but there’s more to life than shooting prone you know

There’s even a class for Ladypod shooters like yourself, but if you aren’t lazy then why not treat yourself to a rundown?

It's good for the lungs you know :-)

Here's my final piece of assistance for you as I assume you haven't checked with the NRA

Take a look at this pic of a screenshot of competitions and events run at Bisley and then pick the ones that interest you and make enquiries

Screen%20Shot%202018-02-27%20at%2012.23.

If none of these are what you're looking for, then it may seem a bit far-fetched but start your own 

4 hours ago, No i deer said:

Probably the most ridiculous comparison on this forum.

You ask for options, then respond like this. I am not surprised you've been suffering from a lack of suggestions.

That's was not ment as humorous comment Roy.not really sure how else to describe it.maybe military type approach.ive tried it.i did methuen practices and shot in the methuen comp 2 or 3 years ago.it didnt appeal to me do it and I didn' feel I was very good at it.i much prefer prone shooting.i also have a health problem that interferes with my well being.atb No I deer.

Archived