Can RFD`s sell home loads ?

Moorlander

There are RFD's that manufacture ammo tailored to customers rifles or requirements. I believe the loads need to be proof tested to see they comply with CIP standards.

3 minutes ago, Grum87 said:

I believe the loads need to be proof tested to see they comply with CIP standards.

That's so. If you ever see an HPS loaded TargetMaster round, there is a tiny letter stamped onto the primer cup, apparently showing the load having been proof house  tested and within SAAMI or CIP compliance.

4 minutes ago, Grum87 said:

There are RFD's that manufacture ammo tailored to customers rifles or requirements. I believe the loads need to be proof tested to see they comply with CIP standards.

Actually there is no requirement for this, the onus is on the manufacturer to ensure the product is safe. It's purely voluntary

It is a good idea to get it tested for compliance and it isn't difficult, however........to manufacture ammo for sale you have to be registered with the HSE as an explosives manufacturer, have the premises licensed and approved, have the required clearance between dwellings and have very very good liability insurance

51 minutes ago, bradders said:

Actually there is no requirement for this, the onus is on the manufacturer to ensure the product is safe. It's purely voluntary

It is a good idea to get it tested for compliance and it isn't difficult, however........to manufacture ammo for sale you have to be registered with the HSE as an explosives manufacturer, have the premises licensed and approved, have the required clearance between dwellings and have very very good liability insurance

I stand corrected. I don't mind being wrong sometimes ;)

Archived