Best methods to clean up the chamber??

chaz

Hi folk's. I'm curious as to what types of brushes/mops people are using to clean their rifle chambers. I currently just soak the area in a good cleaner with a bore mop designed for a slightly bigger caliber, then use a nylon brush after a good soak. The mop and brush are screwed into an 'adapted' cheap heat shrink covered alloy rod so i can use a twisting motion to clean the free bore and case mouth edge. But It's a job to see how well my efforts are, properly without a bore camera. I saw an M15/16 cleaning brush the other day which looked just the trick. Do many of you folks use the M15/16 brush, or something else?

Some constructive replies would be appreciated. 

Cheers

Chaz.

Dont, whatever you do, use one of the M16 chamber brushes. They are made of stainless steel, and will mark your chamber , without a doubt. Use a nylon brush, they work just fine.

2 hours ago, bradders said:

@Chaz

At which point would you be putting a steel brush in the bore?

That would be at no point as i would presume it causes damage. And i don't know enough about Chamber/bore finishes to make that call.

1 hour ago, chaz said:

That would be at no point as i would presume it causes damage. And i don't know enough about Chamber/bore finishes to make that call.

Well I've yet to see a steel or stainless steel bore or chamber brush

Archived