Reloading with Rosie

LONG RANGE CAPT

On 13/03/2018 at 7:36 AM, triggersqueezer said:

If you just sat vince , laurie , stuart, and mike round that table talking about reloading and what they have found to be good or bad etc with a bit of show and tell i think with there collective knowledge you would have made just about the best reloading video on the web.

Yep.  No need for adolescent sexualisation of the subject. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offence to any of them, but in comparison to our lovely Rosie, they have 'faces for Radio' ....  Lol,

I don't think EB ever set out to upskill those already with knowledge of reloading. IMO what they have tried to do is appeal to a younger generation who are not reloaders & try to move it on from what can be seen as by some as boring, the pipe & slippers aspect of shooting.. 

If that attracts more shooters - great ! 

If that attracts more reloaders - great ! 

My teenage daughter watched it - she pays NO interest in shooting - she was commenting on the girls style of dress , but not in a way you lot would think or have already perceived. It's was also her opinion on the pit girls, is that the 'pc' brigade has gone made with telling people what to do or think  & if those girls wanted to do that job, then they should do that job ! 

4 hours ago, treetop said:

No offence to any of them, but in comparison to our lovely Rosie, they have 'faces for Radio' ....  Lol,

I don't think EB ever set out to upskill those already with knowledge of reloading. IMO what they have tried to do is appeal to a younger generation who are not reloaders & try to move it on from what can be seen as by some as boring, the pipe & slippers aspect of shooting.. 

If that attracts more shooters - great ! 

If that attracts more reloaders - great ! 

My teenage daughter watched it - she pays NO interest in shooting - she was commenting on the girls style of dress , but not in a way you lot would think or have already perceived. It's was also her opinion on the pit girls, is that the 'pc' brigade has gone made with telling people what to do or think  & if those girls wanted to do that job, then they should do that job ! 

I agree.

I shoot in a club where it's not uncommon to see the odd young lassie wearing shorts like that during the summer.

No one's forcing you to watch it. Not quite sure what's offensive or degrading about a lady in a pair of shorts. It's not like she's bouncing around in a little bikini.....

When did we become such a nation of pansies that you can't handle a presenter wearing a pair of shorts?

Life's good if that's all we've got to cry about.

38 minutes ago, Grum87 said:

I agree.

I shoot in a club where it's not uncommon to see the odd young lassie wearing shorts like that during the summer.

No one's forcing you to watch it. Not quite sure what's offensive or degrading about a lady in a pair of shorts. It's not like she's bouncing around in a little bikini.....

When did we become such a nation of pansies that you can't handle a presenter wearing a pair of shorts?

Life's good if that's all we've got to cry about.

Exactly if you dont like it dont watch it, maybe it should have a Snowflake rating just to satisfy some .

In my experience I find the ones who dont like that kind of light hearted humour are extremely offensive to my eyes and ruin my appetite :)

Hi all, if you put Vince,Laurie Mike and Stuart on Youtube it would be like putting the Late Ken Dodd on the stage. You would never run out of conversation ! 

The above guru ‘s are well respected and know there stuff!

12 hours ago, Nick 53 said:

Hi all, if you put Vince,Laurie Mike and Stuart on Youtube it would be like putting the Late Ken Dodd on the stage. You would never run out of conversation ! 

The above guru ‘s are well respected and know there stuff!

+1

Point in question...my two nephews, one 19, the other 20 both were interested in what Stuart had to say (only looking at the last vid) but thought the programme set up was a bit corny and crass.  I think we under-estimate our youth if we automatically assume that we need to sell them ideas with sex.  That's a reflection on our generation and on us, not on them.

Reading the above you’d have to forgive Edgars/Hornady if they wondered why they had bothered trying to produce something a bit different.

Over the summer on a sunny day you’ll see girls/women from the university teams at bisley attired not dissimarily to Rosie, look at the NRA website and its page promoting the Easter Meet ,shows a blonde female shooter in shorts, no hint of an out cry that the NRA is sexualising shooting.

As for male attitudes , in my smallbore club , a couple wanted their 15 year old daughter to take up shooting , no problem till the summer whenthe daughter was turning up to shoot prone wearing skirts no longer than Rosies shorts. She ended up shooting on her own with exception of parents and RO, other members decided not to be present for fear of any perceived accusation being made against them. The clubs child protection officer spoke with the parents, whose view was that their daughter could wear what she wanted when she wanted, they never attended the club again.

on balance the vldeos to me strike a reasonable balance , likely to appeal to a wider audience , as with everything , you can’t please everyone all the time.

5 minutes ago, Artiglio said:

...on balance the vldeos to me strike a reasonable balance , likely to appeal to a wider audience

I showed one of the videos to a couple of young lads who I work with and they thought it was great.  Apart from the leaving remark from one who said that he had thought us old target shooters were old fuddy-duddies....

And by some of the comments on here, he may have a point...:D

1 hour ago, MrCetirizine said:

I find it funny that people watch these videos containing a fully clothed woman, not making any sexual comments or bending over provocatively and see it as sexualised. 

i think its more about her history and the fact we ignored the ladies that are seen regularly on the range that hints its more eye candy than substance. 

If you really want to follow a very good reloading blog, then get yourselves over to Facebook and follow the US Armys AMU (Army Marksmanship Unit) "Handloading Hump Day" series....now up to Pt 57

1 hour ago, bradders said:

If you really want to follow a very good reloading blog, then get yourselves over to Facebook and follow the US Armys AMU (Army Marksmanship Unit) "Handloading Hump Day" series....now up to Pt 57

+1

great resource from long practised guys who know what they're about.

4 hours ago, bradders said:

Do they wear nice shorts though?

It's an amusing fun video, and strikes a balance with the Rosie ones, based on the view that where some don't think those are serious enough, you have this one where some people can take themselves too seriously!

Sex sells. Always has and always will. Whether its the girl in this example or the guys being ogled by the ladies in the diet coke adverts.

This is how advertising works. Be it guns, cars, perfume or any other product. I cannot see it changing anytime soon !

I certainly dont get sand in my manjina when I see a male being sexualised in an advert or marketing............

15 minutes ago, Breacher said:

Sex sells. Always has and always will. Whether its the girl in this example or the guys being ogled by the ladies in the diet coke adverts.

This is how advertising works. Be it guns, cars, perfume or any other product. I cannot see it changing anytime soon !

I certainly dont get sand in my manjina when I see a male being sexualised in an advert or marketing............

Which is exactly why we wear hotpants and spud uk

Archived