Reloading Press

levelplaying

3 hours ago, Xtrema said:

I would always recommend the Forster Coax press. It is simply the best.

They don't come up for sale very often though.

I agree. One of my CoAx is 38 years old. Still as accurate as the day it was made.~Andrew

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

I agree. One of my CoAx is 38 years old. Still as accurate as the day it was made.~Andrew

Point made.

Once you you buy one it becomes your forever press. I guess that's why they're rarely seen for sale second hand.

22 minutes ago, levelplaying said:

Thanks for the info. They are a bit pricey. Won't be doing that much loading to warrant paying out that sort of money. Any other recommendations?

Knowing your budget and projected volume of reloading might aid suggestions. 

maximus otter

There's no way of discrediting the  Forster Coax press, they really are the dogs!

I've not used one but have watched the you-tube reviews... You'll never have to buy another.....

Although I have the Lee Breechlock Challenger Press. The only bit of the Lee Precision Anniversary Challenger Kit that i still have or use. With reloading, you really do get what you pay for. The most positive thing i like about the Lee Press, is the quick change bushings. 

I size and de-prime a batch, use the Lee auto prime XR to prime my cases, Use an RCBS powder thrower, (not much better than the Lee version really)... Then a tuned RCBS powder measure. Before seating all the cases with the Lee Breechlock Challenger Press. Which I've used for over 6 years for various calibers and have always found it to produce great consistent rounds, even in my 6.5CM.

Good Luck what ever you choose. Probably best to buy a reloading manual too...

Chaz

Archived