Illuminated Reticle

levelplaying

Any tips on opening the cover to get to the battery on my scope. Cannot seem to open it. Tried soft jaw pliers to hold base whilst turning cover with coin inserted on cover but won't budge.

Do you think two sets of pliers might work, one on the base and the other on the cover?. Not sure about using WD40 to help loosen.

looking on the web site it does say hold the numbered section and remove top section,sounds like you are doing the right thing.is it possible the battery has leaked and corroded to two sections together? you can try wd 40 and see.

Hi if contacts have gone green, carefully scrape contacts back to metal and remove as much as possible of corrosion, then try New battery 

In the end I got hold of some soft jaw plumbers pliers to hold the base and the other to hold the cover to turn. However there was not much room for the second set of pliers to fit entirely over the cover with sufficient grip.. Luckily as I exerted some pressure on the base whilst trying to turn the cover, I heard a pop which seemed to realise what was seemingly the cover that was sitting on the base out of true. I was then able to quite effortlessly unscrew the cover with a coin. All good and no damage.

Thanks for the input. Of course I tried the WD40 banus02 and that was probably the reason it all worked.

Archived