Schultz & Larsen

Is anyone here using a S&L Tactical whom I could ask for some experiences or hints?
Also by PM or email.

I am aware that some of it is very personal and a pro for one might be less important for me or the other way around :D

I have one. It has the laminate GRS  stock. Cant fault it. Use 308 147 grain S&B FMJ ammo ar £ 35 per box of 50 and it shoots fantastic. I think they are great value for money

We manufacture the E-Tac4 carbon fibre stocks for S&L that go on the Tactical or Victory. Not sure if they are sold in the UK though. Never heard of anyone having one. They are popular for competitions / LR hunting in northern countries and possibly LE.

I think the aluminium Tactical action is absolutely fantastic, integrated 20MOA rail very light weight but can also be had in steel as far as I know. The Bolts lock into the barrels which are possibly the only cut barrels in factory rifles. Due to the locking mechanism in the barrel they don't use stainless steel as a barrel material. When I was at the company in Denmark it was astonishing how well bolts would be able to fit from one rifle to the next. They run very tight tolerances on barrel lugs and bolts so that these are interchangeable. Triggers are also fantastic.

Stocks are all steel pillar bedded and single row steel mags and steel floor plates are used. The only thing I would criticize is that a tactical rifle should have a mil approved mag system such as AI type mags or from the TRG.

We have a Traveller model in 7.92x57 ( http://www.greatdanerifles.com/classic-traveller.html ) and consider it to be quite superb.  Accuracy cannot be faulted, though as it's a relatively thin barrel we do find it starts to string vertically after 4 or 5 shots fired in rapid succession. Not a problem in a hunting rifle where only 1 shot is likely to be fired. We'd imagine the Tacticool version, with its heavy barrel, will be just as accurate and won't suffer from POI shift as it warms up.