New Tikka rimfire

bradders

33 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

Lucky for you people have their idea of a perfect rifle built by custom rifle builders , you`d be out of business if everyone bought factory production AR`s and never upgraded them

No such thing in the UK, but I'd be happy to provide "factory production grade ARs"

Then maybe CSR would be the way God® intended

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Moorlander said:

No thanks , Schmeisser make a very well built factory AR .

Get one then, just like the ones in the video and bring it to the range on Saturday....or better still go and enter one of the wonderful CSR matches hosted in various places and take part with it

16 minutes ago, bradders said:

Get one then, just like the ones in the video and bring it to the range on Saturday....or better still go and enter one of the wonderful CSR matches hosted in various places and take part with it

Straight pull Schmeissers are very well built , I have used one , very impressive ,suggest you get one and have a look .

3 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

Straight pull Schmeissers are very well built , I have used one , very impressive ,suggest you get one and have a look .

I’ve seen them, they’re fine for something “traditional”

anyway his thread is about Tikkas rimfire, can we get back to slagging that off again?

7 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

You started it....or was that the Germans with Schmeissers ?

No I didn’t, I said not every rifle has to be a super duper custom build and then you decided to bring me and my products into it

44 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

You implied people who only like custom rifles are tedious ...even though you build them...over and out.

You misread as usual

I was saying the fact that every gun has to be a custom build is the tedious part

Bon voyage

8 hours ago, Roy W said:

The more people who cancel, the quicker those that remain will get there's.

I've handled the .17HMR as it is exactly as I expected, and felt like a sturdy, purposeful little rifle. In fact, for less than £500 I thought it was a bargain, which is probably why they were ordered so quickly. It's cheaper than the plastic 15/22 I bought, and I thought that was cheap.

I suppose if you expect more for £500 you are either very hard to please, or Scottish! ;) (edited to add, or a Northerner! :) )

Good to hear. I've only run into one person who has handled a T1X personally and they said exactly the same thing. ~Andrew

6 hours ago, bradders said:

Mick, believe it or not, sometimes normal factory offerings will suffice

The only custom anything I have ever owned are the ones I have put together myself ,Not knocking factory stuff at all but one day I will have a custom gun build simply because a proper gunsmith will be aware of any any imperfections and also know how to get the best out of any gun before I get my mits on it .

On 9/19/2018 at 3:22 AM, Andrew said:

Good to hear. I've only run into one person who has handled a T1X personally and they said exactly the same thing. ~Andrew

I thought the stock was disappointing and reflective of the price but otherwise is impressive 

Here's a comment yesterday from a guy that works for the Beretta agents here in NZ:

.22LR has not started shipping from the factory as yet.
Orders for .17HMR will be filled before manufacture of the .22lr begins.
We wont see any .22LR here till next year.

On 9/23/2018 at 12:51 PM, Chris-NZ said:

Here's a comment yesterday from a guy that works for the Beretta agents here in NZ:

.22LR has not started shipping from the factory as yet.
Orders for .17HMR will be filled before manufacture of the .22lr begins.
We wont see any .22LR here till next year.

On another UK website a fellow said he was seeing them in Scotland and that he emailed his dealer and was told he could pick up the .22 rifle he ordered last April, today. Sixteen inch barrels only, he says.~Andrew

I spoke to GMK on Monday and was told that the .22 was now 'expected' in November and that back-orders would be filled first. It was mentioned that there were approximately 350 on back order.    Was told there had been 'issues' ( accounting for the delay)

Won't be holding my breath as obvioulsy there have been a number or other 'expected' delivery dates.

Kev

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

On another UK website a fellow said he was seeing them in Scotland and that he emailed his dealer and was told he could pick up the .22 rifle he ordered last April, today. Sixteen inch barrels only, he says.~Andrew

Despite what I was told and thus wrote looks like they are available and people are picking them up. Post on another site indicates that one was picked up an hour ago.

Here the sales manager at one of the retailers was PROMISED by Beretta USA that the T1X .22 would be in by July. Just one in a long string of tales, I'm afraid. Don't feel like they cursed you with the delivery fable. They have done it to everyone. Originally, my T1X (paid in full last December) was due in April.

I am encouraged by these latest events, tho. ~Andrew

We received the first T1X .22LR in a 16 inch barrel yesterday, sold as a pre-order and one of several we ordered for customers. Not expecting to see many more until the November shipment gets processed and shipped out.

I have it on good authority that they are being released in the following order:

1. Devillishly handsome people first

2. Good looking people second

3. Not bad in a dark room third

4. FUGLIES last

Which is why I was able to collect my 20" .22LR version this morning!

All in all a very nice little rifle!

IMG_3194.JPG

Archived