New Tikka rimfire

bradders

11 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

Shoot one then come back to me :)

Why would I. I have 2 Anschutz so know exactly how they shoot. 

Variety is the spice of life and all that ;) 

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/26/2018 at 10:46 AM, Moorlander said:

Personally a £100 deposit would be the most I`d drop , the TX1 wont be that amazing that you should risk any more , An Anschutz MPR out classes it and I`d bet it`ll out shoot the TX1.

I also have Anschutz. They are....pretty.

I was at the SHOT show a few years back and asked the SAKO/Tikka folks how they determined which barrels went on SAKO and which went on Tikka rifles. The answer was that the barrels all come off the same production line no matter what. I don't recall shooting an inaccurate FinnFire. What I have found was that my Anschutz, when compared across a wide spectrum of munitions, were no more accurate than others shooting ammunition they like. If anything, they had better triggers and that was it. A friend just bought a $499 Ruger Precision 22LR and it is no less accurate than his 64 MS when fed ammo it likes.

The T1X is a hunting rifle and despite the "Multi Purpose Rifle" designation, the MPR is a target rifle. When mine shows up I'll post some comparative groups**.~Andrew

(**Between a M64 and the T1X)

An update of sorts. I went into the City to get some powder and the gun floor manager found me and told me that Beretta USA has guaranteed his and my T1X to be in the store within two weeks. I wanted to ask if he would give me a brick of Lapua 22LR Match for every day over two weeks that it was late but he seemed so genuinely excited that I didn't want to pee on his rose bed.~Andrew

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

An update of sorts. I went into the City to get some powder and the gun floor manager found me and told me that Beretta USA has guaranteed his and my T1X to be in the store within two weeks. I wanted to ask if he would give me a brick of Lapua 22LR Match for every day over two weeks that it was late but he seemed so genuinely excited that I didn't want to pee on his rose bed.~Andrew

Well that’s good news at last

If you do get it, do let us know how it shoots and your verdict on the gun please

Thanks

Two previous arrival dates have come and gone so I'm taking this news with a pinch of salt. This does put the arrival closer to the vague "July" date that everyone else has been given so this might be the real arrival date. In any event, I'll post my results and hopefully, some groups.~Andrew

I’ve got one on order through Malmo guns and last week they called to say acording to the importers, there now looking at late July- early August ? for first delivery 

cheers Paul

8 hours ago, bradders said:

I’ve got one on order too, but I’m not worrying about it

it will arrive when it does and in the mean time I have other things to occupy my thoughts

So you've said. I do too but as I have indicated, patience wears thin once the man has taken your money. Still, it will come when it comes and should I have wanted to back out of the deal, a number of people would have stepped right in and I would be at the back of the line.... again! I think i'd rather be at the front!~Andrew

I spoke to GMK about deliveries of the Tikka rimfire a few weeks ago and they told me then that the 17HMR would be first - around July and the 22 later - around August/September

Cheers

Bruce 

12 hours ago, phoenix said:

I spoke to GMK about deliveries of the Tikka rimfire a few weeks ago and they told me then that the 17HMR would be first - around July and the 22 later - around August/September

Cheers

Bruce 

Guess they want shut of the .17HMR asap :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived