New Tikka rimfire

bradders

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the interests of speed (the sun was setting under a cloudy sky) I did not adjust my scope. I stapled a large target with the printed side towards me and another below with the printed side reversed to give a blank sheet.  Roughly 11-12" drop from aiming point. This with the rifle zeroed dead on at 25 yards. I have a dreaded dentist appointment this morning. If i survive I may spend some time at the range again now that deer season has ended.~Andrew

Could happen.

But, as I told my left handed girlfriend, I don't want to see any left handed (or other variants) until I can at least get the three extra magazines I ordered with the rifle!

I survived the Dentist but three of my teeth did not so I put off going to the range. It was windy anyhow 10-22mph. Not a good day for rimfires past 50 yards.~Andrew

I sighted my 16" 22lr T1X in today 42 grain winchester ammunition.3x12x50 Schmidt and bender scope.Outdoor range but no cross wind.

multiple sub 1" groups @ 50 yards.At 100 yards I hit a 2" target  consistently.

very impressed.

I tweaked mine to match the triggers on my T3 hunting rifles. A question if I may:

I went through the owner's manual ('Uni Manual" I call it as it covers every T3 variant) and I could not find a specific torque setting for the action screws. Have you seen anything in the manual that I may have missed? All it says is 44 in-pounds for rifles with plastic trigger guards.~Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Had an informal .22 shoot at our range today to celebrate an unseasonably warm December afternoon. The targets were push pins at 100 yards and 12 ga hulls at 200 yards. The T1x did well. The other top gun was a Ruger Precision 22LR. When I backed my Zeiss turrets off of my 'almost 200 yard" setting (I had to hold over when I ran out of elevation) I paused to fire a group to verify that i was at least in the ball park at 100. I had some loose Aguila rounds in my pouch and fired four. Three were in about a single hole and one was an inch out. The rifle continues to impress.~Andrew

First time out with my T1X in 22LR with 16" barrel and Swift Stumpy moderator and well happy with the results.

Adjusted the trigger down to 2 lbs and fired off 5 different types of subsonic ammo

CCI, RWS, Eley, Winchester, Remington

None of them were bad but the CCI was best, and my best group with them was 10 shots inside 3/4" at 60 yards.

That's going to make a lot of rabbits very unhappy!

Cheers

Bruce

Can anyone advise me here please, I have the 22 t1x in 16” and have just bought a new GRS beserk stock and after a bit of fiddling I managed to fit the barrelled action and get both screws in but here’s the problem, the beserk stock does not allow the bolt release button to function so basically you can’t get the bolt in without cutting about a quarter inch clearance and the trigger plastic  floor plate has a protruding pin  sticking up at the rear which the GRS does not accommodate; so again you would have to cut this locating plastic pin off, im reluctant to do these small changes as it’s a brand new stock but I bought this Tikka on the belief it fitted any t3 after market stock.

cheers Paul

The problem with protruding pin in the floorplate has always been there with the GRS Berserk stocks - just cut it off.

It will make no difference, even if you put the floorplate back into the original stock

Re the bolt release - if you want to use the GRS Berserk stock with the Tikka T1X, then you'll have to get the file or the Dremel tool out.

I had to do a wee bit of that on one of my GRS Berserk stocks because the stock hid the serial number and my renewal was coming up

Cheers

Bruce

5 hours ago, leck said:

Can anyone advise me here please, I have the 22 t1x in 16” and have just bought a new GRS beserk stock and after a bit of fiddling I managed to fit the barrelled action and get both screws in but here’s the problem, the beserk stock does not allow the bolt release button to function so basically you can’t get the bolt in without cutting about a quarter inch clearance and the trigger plastic  floor plate has a protruding pin  sticking up at the rear which the GRS does not accommodate; so again you would have to cut this locating plastic pin off, im reluctant to do these small changes as it’s a brand new stock but I bought this Tikka on the belief it fitted any t3 after market stock.

cheers Paul

I guy on another forum has fitted a berserk stock to his T1x. He did cut the plastic pin from the floorplate as he said it serves no purpose but he didn't have to do anything else to the stock.   

19 hours ago, phoenix said:

First time out with my T1X in 22LR with 16" barrel and Swift Stumpy moderator and well happy with the results.

Adjusted the trigger down to 2 lbs and fired off 5 different types of subsonic ammo

CCI, RWS, Eley, Winchester, Remington

None of them were bad but the CCI was best, and my best group with them was 10 shots inside 3/4" at 60 yards.

That's going to make a lot of rabbits very unhappy!

Cheers

Bruce

I'm sure that with familiarity the grouping will get much smaller. We tend to shoot more high velocity than SUBS and they tend to be a little more forgiving than subsonic cartridges with regard to shooter technique / follow through. It has taken me a while with this Tikka to remember to follow through completely with each shot. We are planning a 1/5 scale 1000 yard 22LR shoot as soon as we can spread the word. Should be fun.~Andrew

15 hours ago, leck said:

cheers Paul

Hello Paul 

I also bought the beserk stock for my t1x. Presented with the same dilemma of butchering it or trigger guard i resolved by selling the stock on. My thought was the little lug or lack of hole for it in stock was done for a reason . Great ergonomics but the stock was never going to be a good fit. No after market stocks have fitted that well and there needs to be purpose made stock not compromised stocks. Until then mines back in the tuppaware. 

We manufacture T3 aftermarket stocks and don't have the little hole in the back either. Don't see any sense in the plastic pin. Older T3's did not have that.  At the IWA earlier this year the Sako product manager was interested to see if the T1X would fit in our aftermarket stocks. He just snipped off the little pin . No need for it.  It might just be a feature that helps positioning or for handling purposes in production/injection moulding.

edi

Thank you all for you’re help, I have cut the pin off the plastic trigger guard and taken a wee bit out of the stock to allow the bolt release button to work and she’s all good ! I have my two stalking rifles in Grs laminate stocks and there great so really wanted this to work as the original stock did not suit me and I must say this beserk has transformed it, 

thanks again Paul

Archived