New Tikka rimfire

bradders

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Dirksdonuts said:

The groupings at 100metres was consistent at around 5mm-8mm. 

I take my hat off to you as this is impressive. I can not achieve this with mine with a 3lb or lighter trigger - or any 22lr rifle. This accuracy will win trophies.well done. 

17 hours ago, Dirksdonuts said:

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay in posting the updates

The rifle was fitted with a Hawke scope, SAK moderator  and Harris bi-pod the zeroing in was straight forward and it handles well. I have made it a bit too top heavy but off the bi-pod it shoots really well. The groupings at 100metres was consistent at around 5mm-8mm. I think this can be bettered by making the trigger pull a little more delicate. It is set so heavy, but I am led to believe that this is an easy tweak.

pWibB7hOQaizM9dDVKpbHA.jpg

Honestly ? what ammo are you using?

Image result for 1 mm 1cm  comparison picture

Is that what 5-8mm looks like?????

The groupings were achieved using Winchester 42 max grain Subs

I have got to say I have been shooting consistently for 35 years using all kinds of rifles and ammo. If the groupings were worse than that I would be really worried. I will have a go this weekend and get some photos up.

1 hour ago, Dirksdonuts said:

Is that what 5-8mm looks like?????

The groupings were achieved using Winchester 42 max grain Subs

I have got to say I have been shooting consistently for 35 years using all kinds of rifles and ammo. If the groupings were worse than that I would be really worried. I will have a go this weekend and get some photos up.

I think we are all quite keen to see some actual results from these rifles after the excruciatingly long wait - There has been very little feedback about how they actually shoot, a few journalists have a had a go and we know what they look like but not the actual bit that matters.

So, if you could, when convenient, shoot three groups of 5 shots on the same bit of paper at a measured 100 yards and take a photo. No sighting/cold barrel shots etc, just 15 holes. Tell us what ammunition and approximate temperature/wind conditions. Off a bench, bi-pod, bags, lead-sled what ever just let us know. (better still a pic)

This would be really useful information and add to the collective forum knowledge.

3 hours ago, 1066 said:

So, if you could, when convenient, shoot three groups of 5 shots on the same bit of paper at a measured 100 yards and take a photo. No sighting/cold barrel shots etc, just 15 holes. Tell us what ammunition and approximate temperature/wind conditions. 

Yes i would like to but as you know with any outside influence the results would be variable with 22lr and give the wrong impression. I have shot at 100 yds and results were distinctly average. Today i could go out and try in a blustery wind 10mph+ and get a 4" group. Best to try on range in a tunnel for reliable results but you know that of course. Only when you have one Will you know how good it really is. 

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

I would be really happy just to see some more 50M groups. Less influence from externals. I have shot some miniscule groups at 100 when the wind gods smiled but I know that they are not always 100% representative.~Andrew

It's guaranteed 1 MOA or better with Sako cartridges, but you have to demand those from your dealer

Ir says so on the box, so there you have it

Not bad though for a shite rifle with cheap crappy stock, iffy trigger and rail that doesn't fit ?

I thought the same with the writing on the box. Hey ho...

The real purpose of this 22 will be a garden trainer rifle, maybe play a bit at longer steel targets. I threw it into my T3 308 CTR hunting rifle stock and boy is she lovely. Bolt opens smaller angle compared to CZ, so much nicer to operate. Trigger turned down as far as it went but might still be a bit heavier pull than my CTR which is not at min.  The CTR inlet will leave a small gap left and right with the 22 floor plate but that does not matter, rifle just plopped into the bedded stock. Now just need to sort the rail and put a different scope on.

TsV3nmF.jpg

edi

Very nice i like that stock. How much gap around floor plate as i was thinking of getting grs beserk ctr because of narrower barrel channel. Also noticed yours has same machine marks /scratches in finish on action as mine. I wonder if all are like this? 

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

I would be really happy just to see some more 50M groups. Less influence from externals. I have shot some miniscule groups at 100 when the wind gods smiled but I know that they are not always 100% representative.~Andrew

I did the 3 groups at 100 yds yesterday. Not good enough to post. At 50m it easily exceeds the tikka moa guarantee. I would like to see how others are getting on so better if they posted targets i think. The factory stock deserves the criticism. It serves the purpose but this is where tikka have cut corners. 

Archived