New Tikka rimfire

bradders

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interchangeability of the stock with the T3 centrefires is a great idea (and a huge design and tooling cost saving for Tikka)

It looks like they are using optilocks which makes mounting a scope significantly more expensive than having  a standard 11mm dovetail rail

Cheers

Bruce

6 hours ago, phoenix said:

Interchangeability of the stock with the T3 centrefires is a great idea (and a huge design and tooling cost saving for Tikka)

It looks like they are using optilocks which makes mounting a scope significantly more expensive than having  a standard 11mm dovetail rail

Cheers

Bruce

Just seen another video from the shot show. The rail is 11mm. 

28 minutes ago, No i deer said:

I never thought I would ever consider another rimfire but this tikka does intrest me a lot.ive got a cz452 and i think its superb.will the tikka be better.probaly not..!

Im intersted as well but I will wait a while to see how they perform first before I consider buying one. I hope they have a better extractor system than the sako quad. 

7 hours ago, Moorlander said:

Looks good , stick a picatinny rail on it and it`ll be perfect, saying that the CZ`s take some beating and cost very little.

As you say, what's a Tikka .22LR going to do that a CZ or other half decent brand cant - at a discount? The limitation with a .22LR is always going to be the ammo.

Having said that I'm sure they wont be able to build them quick enough. I'd probably buy one if I had a spare .22 slot.

Great, all aftermarket T3 stocks with standard floor plate will fit. I think that is a very smart move. I have met Miikka a few times  and he seems to be strongly behind the idea to keep all parts interchangeable. See T3 vs T3x

edi

9 hours ago, ejg223 said:

Great, all aftermarket T3 stocks with standard floor plate will fit. I think that is a very smart move. I have met Miikka a few times  and he seems to be strongly behind the idea to keep all parts interchangeable. See T3 vs T3x

edi

Edi 

The next time your speaking to Miikka tell him we want a stainless version.☺

18 minutes ago, palo said:

Edi 

The next time your speaking to Miikka tell him we want a stainless version.☺

I will, a test rifle wouldn't be bad either...ha ha.   I will hopefully see him at the IWA.

Especially competition shooters from northern countries seem to like training with 22's in the same stock as their comp rifles. One of our customers has 6 identical stocks from air rifle right up to 300wm. 

I have a few CZ 22's  lying around but dreaded the work of making a stock for one. This would be the job to test stocks in the garden or to practice trigger skills etc. Just plop a T1X into the tac rig.

edi 

• 5 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

So they will be cheaper in the UK as its closer to ship and no import duty ......but in the real world they will be dearer ;)

Irrelevant

Theres no point in having a cheap or reasonably priced product in the UK as the distributors know that the penny-wise yet pound-foolish shooter here is already planning on spending the same again on an aftermarket stock and then spunking away nearly the same again on a replacement trigger ....only to zero it and then put it away in the cupboard along with all the other rifles that have had the same treatment

But at least it will be for sale shortly afterwards and may even be a bargain :-)

On 25/01/2018 at 11:00 PM, GT3_richy said:

The limitation with a .22LR is always going to be the ammo.

I am not so sure about that.

I have an old BSA Martini manufactured decades ago which has had God knows how many rounds through it.

It is easily the most accurate .22lr rifle I have ever shot at 50 metres. 9 out 10 rounds hitting a 0.2" v-bull and the 10th damn close. On 3 sec snap exposures ( Mini-McQueen )

Not sure if its due to the heavy barrel, the falling block design, the overall weight or the superb trigger .....or even all four ! But I am convinced that not all rifles in .22lr are limited by the ammunition !

13 hours ago, bradders said:

Irrelevant

Theres no point in having a cheap or reasonably priced product in the UK as the distributors know that the penny-wise yet pound-foolish shooter here is already planning on spending the same again on an aftermarket stock and then spunking away nearly the same again on a replacement trigger ....only to zero it and then put it away in the cupboard along with all the other rifles that have had the same treatment

But at least it will be for sale shortly afterwards and may even be a bargain :-)

Not that Americans would ever do that :) , many have that many firearms it would be a full time job to use them all regularly :) .

Archived