New Tikka rimfire

bradders

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Roy W said:

I have it on good authority that they are being released in the following order:

1. Devillishly handsome people first

2. Good looking people second

3. Not bad in a dark room third

4. FUGLIES last

Which is why I was able to collect my 20" .22LR version this morning!

All in all a very nice little rifle!

IMG_3194.JPG

The stock looks ropey.

12 hours ago, Roy W said:

I have it on good authority that they are being released in the following order:

1. Devillishly handsome people first

2. Good looking people second

3. Not bad in a dark room third

4. FUGLIES last

Which is why I was able to collect my 20" .22LR version this morning!

All in all a very nice little rifle!

IMG_3194.JPG

I somehow glazed over that this was a 20inch  model. Now i really have my hopes up as that is what is being sold in the US. (at least i haven't seen a 16" offered) I would be tickled to death to hear how it shoots. ~Andrew

Do u have another/friend that has another .22lr you could do a side by side comparison with?

Would make for a great read and proper review. 

Does it seem I’m a bit excited by this rifle much? Haha. 

2 hours ago, ColinBR said:

Do u have another/friend that has another .22lr you could do a side by side comparison with?

Would make for a great read and proper review. 

Does it seem I’m a bit excited by this rifle much? Haha. 

I don't think this would do much for you. I have had $50 twenty-two that would outshoot $300 twenty-twos  when the ammo was right for one and not the other. A test with a variety of ammo would, however, be excellent. I keep waiting for a phone call from local Tikka dealer to tell me it's in. I'm getting a little excited myself.~Andrew

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

I don't think this would do much for you. I have had $50 twenty-two that would outshoot $300 twenty-twos  when the ammo was right for one and not the other. A test with a variety of ammo would, however, be excellent. I keep waiting for a phone call from local Tikka dealer to tell me it's in. I'm getting a little excited myself.~Andrew

Yes obviously you would be trying a variety of ammo on the Tikka anyway to see what’s best. What I meant was to then use the best for both and then a comparison from there. 

Would only be fair to both rifles that way 

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

Double post

10 hours ago, ColinBR said:

Yes obviously you would be trying a variety of ammo on the Tikka anyway to see what’s best. What I meant was to then use the best for both and then a comparison from there. 

Would only be fair to both rifles that way 

Could be... but I'd bet it will come down to a 'tie' provided the Tikka shooter has a variety of ammo and does things right. I am truly anxious to get a range report.~Andrew

Trigger was crisp, like the proverbial glass rod breaking, stock was perfect for the wet weather, it shot fine and I hit what I was aiming at.

Benchrest reviews will need to be by someone else with more time and patience than me I am afraid.

It's a keeper

7 hours ago, gyr said:

Does anyone know which picatinny rail conversion could work for the 11mm rail.

Not exactly, but I bought a pair of UTG 11mm to Weaver adapters for the day when my Tikka arrives. They are thin and self adjusting. If I don't go with Leupold 11mm rings Be using these.~Andrew

Archived