UK Milk Jug Challenge

12 hours ago, PaulC said:

Nice one what fantastic shooting conditions beats shooting in foot tall grass

You'd think. If you look at my bipod at the beginning; that's a Bt47 atlas maxed out. Snow was at least 6 inches deep. The the weather was fantastic though

13 hours ago, onslow52 said:

Looks like you had fun Geordie. 

Aye It was great. hard to beat trigger time like that. Don't often get days like that in Scotland.

13 hours ago, Panda said:

onslow52, we need a couple of those on the backstop at Gelston for some fun once the comp is done ☺

You'v said it on a public board. No backing out now ?

Nice shooting. This reminds me of the shooting we do here in my locale. I think there was a bit more wind out there than you gave credit for!

A standard US gallon milk jug is roughly 6" x 9" on the side. Our small plate is 7x9 inches out to 800 yards. We have several 'ranges' over which we shoot out to 1700 yards and the bullet must traverse many geographical irregularities with the accompanying shifting winds, before it gets to the target. You'd have serious fun joining us for a day. You'd fit right in.~Andrew

Good shooting... :)

How's about 1400m or so next?

See that MarkandSam AfterWork had a wee challenge just this week and were busting 2ltr bottles at 1400 with a .243 & a 6.5 Creedmoor...

Having finally nailed down a fairly quick and accurate 147gr ELDM load for my own CM, it'd be great to see a few more Scottish folk getting into this kind of long range shooting (and maybe the odd challenge or two... ;))

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2018 at 7:05 PM, mactavish said:

See that MarkandSam AfterWork had a wee challenge just this week and were busting 2ltr bottles at 1400 with a .243 & a 6.5 Creedmoor...

Having finally nailed down a fairly quick and accurate 147gr ELDM load for my own CM, it'd be great to see a few more Scottish folk getting into this kind of long range shooting (and maybe the odd challenge or two... ;))

I've seen plenty of your videos, and they're cracking! So thanks for the advice and entertainment I've gained from them. Can't wait to get my 6.5CM past 300 yards, let alone 1400!! 

On 1/29/2018 at 7:05 PM, mactavish said:

I'll give this a shot once the snow clears up. I'v got a 2 Litre bottle of "Orange Pop" Rolling about my foot well thats starting to piss me off lol

12 minutes ago, stephentri said:

Hi good shooting ,I am looking for a camera to film something similar what camera are you using.

Thanks

It's a panasonic hc-w580eb-k. Pretty cheap and films in full HD 

Archived