Posting Pictures

Big Al

It's possible you've already uploaded too many attachments and reached your storage limit, which in turn affects your image upload size.

Go to the main menu and take a look in your 'Account' and then 'My attachments' to see if you've used up your storage allowance. If so, you've got to cull some existing images to make space for new uploads.

EDIT: The only way I've found to remove your pre-uploaded images (caveat: if viewing on mobile) is to visit a post containing the image you want to cull by clicking the thread link listed under each image in My Attachments. Now edit your comment. You'll see each of your images now has a little 'Trash' icon on it. Click this and your image is permanently deleted from your attachments. Visit your My Attachments again and your upload quota will now have increased as the number of existing images has now decreased.

HTH

I’ve checked my storage and have only used 2% of my allowance yet still struggle to up load photos.

anyone know how to fix this?

Nick

1 hour ago, Nick 53 said:

I’ve checked my storage and have only used 2% of my allowance yet still struggle to up load photos.

anyone know how to fix this?

Nick

So you're limited to a max file size when uploading in a message thread. 

What you'll need to do is reduce your image file size, re-save them, then upload them. For example, the forum limits you to a file size of 2.93MB. If the size of the image you have is 6MB it's too big to upload.

In my case, I use the forum via my iPhone and all the images I post are taken using my phone. The raw image stored in my phones 'Photos' folder is too large, somewhere in the region of 6MB as it's a high-res camera. So to get round this I simply edit my photo by cropping the image a bit and re-save it. That usually reduces the file size enough to be able to post it.

If the above doesn't work, I simply email myself the photo from my phone to my email address. In doing so, my email asks me what size to make the photo attachment, small, medium, large. I choose medium for example, then send myself the email. I open my email and save the attached photo back into my iPhones Photo library (I delete the original image that was too large to avoid confusion). The newly added image will be a much smaller file size because when I emailed it to myself, it was compressed in size. I can then upload the photo to my comment in the forum in the same way, this time it'll upload without any file size issues.

Bit convoluted I know, but it works and in reality only takes 2mins.

Hope that helps.

On 19/01/2018 at 9:29 AM, bradders said:

If you’re posting the same pics to your Facebook page then just copy the image address from there and paste it here

I hear you and yes that's definitely much simpler. However I don't like posting pictures of firearms (or related shooting stuff) on social media as not everyone I know either supports shooting or knows I'm a shooter. 

I understand you've got to promote shooting for your business, so a bit different I guess.

3 minutes ago, Catch-22 said:

I hear you and yes that's definitely much simpler. However I don't like posting pictures of firearms (or related shooting stuff) on social media as not everyone I know either supports shooting or knows I'm a shooter. 

I understand you've got to promote shooting for your business, so a bit different I guess.

Yeah.......I meant Al though :lol:

I've use Smugmug since the demise of Photobucket

It's pretty good but you do have to pay for it, but it's handy when using more than one forum/site and you aren't beholden to a forums hosting facility or limitations

It's only real drawback is there's no way to post directly to a site from your phone, something Photobucket was excellent for

Of course you could always use a free one such as Tinypic or Hunt101, but you have no way to file or control your uploads

• 2 weeks later...

Can't the site limit be upped? To ,well bigger than 2.93?:ph34r:

Archived