Batch Testing Rimfire Ammunition at Eley, UK

TattooedGun

Ever wondered how Eley Batch test ammunition for your match rifles?

Finding the best batch of ammunition to match your barrel/chamber.

I go through the process at Eley's Test Centre in Minworth and filmed the process and talk through the results that were garnered.

More experienced shots may well have been through this process before, but some of you may find it interesting.

http://blog.stegough.com/batch-testing-22lr-rimfire-ammunition-eley-uk/

It's my first time trying to "vlog" on a topic, so I apologise for waffling maybe more than I should.

On 15/01/2018 at 6:33 PM, Danpd said:

Interesting to see the process. Thank you for putting the videos together.

No problem! Thanks for the feedback :)

On 15/01/2018 at 7:56 PM, fourtyvoats said:

Excellent videos. Interesting that the conclusion emphasises what we all know and sometimes do not want to acknowledge, that you, the shooter, are the most important variable in the entire framework.

Thanks for the feedback appreciated :)
I agree! It is often the hardest thing to blame ourselves rather than our tools, but when you take out as many variables as possible it only goes to show that sometimes we need to work on our technique as opposed to our equipment.

I found that interesting - certainly doesn't make me feel too bad about the results I get down the field. I would love see exactly the same test/conditions at 100 yards. Also quite surprised to see, even with a good quality match rifle, shot under perfect conditions, with about the best ammunition you can buy, some of the batches and groups were incapable of holding the 10 ring.

• 1 year later...