UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Scotch_egg

Hand priming tools

After several years of using a Lee hand priming tool I would like to replace it for something more refined. 

I have found the 21st century auto feed stainless steel primer. Has any one got experience of this one? 

http://www.xxicsi.com/auto-feed-ss-priming-tool-for-the-lee--new-auto-prime-tray.html

I am open to suggestions. I would like to stick with a an auto feeder. I want to keep handling the primers to a minimum. 

I have a RCBS universal primer that will take any caliber so no need for all the different shell holders, well built and works well 

Scotch

I have the single feed adjustable depth  21st Cen hand primer, not what you are looking at but they make very good quality kit if this helps.

T

I too have the single feed super precision one, with ultra fine 0.00125" adjustments.

its the best priming tool I've used, beautifully made and actually very quick & easy to use. I had thought it might take a while being single feed but it's surprisingly fast.

Thanks for the advice gents.

I have had a very kind offer and will be going with the 21st Century tool. 

21st century one is good and I use one. However the LEE parts have let me down. (got replacement part

from LEE) Also had to take a small file to it to stop the burrs from cutting into my hands.

I use the Lee Ergoprime......works well with good "feel", and is as quick as you can insert and remove the cases.

But requires the "knack"..............

Re-Pete

+1 on the Lee Ergoprime. Hasn't let me down and the feel / tactile feedback is good. Decent £ as well