Smock

snaggletooth

Does anyone have any experience of these..................

smock

I'm after a jacket for working around the farm. I've got an old DPM combat jacket, which is really practical ie loads of pockets, but I can't help but feel like a bit of a Walt when I'm out working in it. If I could get something of similar quality but in a plain colour....................... any other suggestions?

Cheers

I came across one of those on the OP - mine was green but basically the same smock.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

I asked before I bidded on it whether it was cotton gabardine and was assured it was.

When it arrived, it was basic cotton and poor grade cotton at that ! Not windproof at all and not at all well made.

If you want that sort of jacket, splash the cash on an Arktis.

Arktis is the way to go. The smock is good quality. We got them given to us in work and they stand up to abuse. The trousers in the rip-stop type fabric are decent as well. They do them in OG and Black as well as most types of Cam Eg DPM/Skan/MTP. Worth a look and good value for money if you want to avoid the full Mil look.

http://www.arktisltd.co.uk/index.php/products/b310p/

I was looking at Fortis for my next smock. I have never owned any of there clothing but it looks and feels like no nonsense robust gear. there story looks very similar to Arktis. Any  opinions on which are the best?

Arktis all the way for me, I have smocks, trousers, waterproofs, shirts and range mat (I still have my old chest rig which is 28 years old)  very good quality, cut well and lasts.  Not sure but weren't fortis originally country covers which was an off shoot of arktis

Thanks for all the repairs lads.

On 15/01/2018 at 9:10 PM, Morse said:

Arktis is the way to go. The smock is good quality. We got them given to us in work and they stand up to abuse. The trousers in the rip-stop type fabric are decent as well. They do them in OG and Black as well as most types of Cam Eg DPM/Skan/MTP. Worth a look and good value for money if you want to avoid the full Mil look.

http://www.arktisltd.co.uk/index.php/products/b310p/

That's the sort of thing I'm after. Run of the mill workwear that most local places stock just doesn't last. 

1 hour ago, Akeld said:

Arktis all the way for me, I have smocks, trousers, waterproofs, shirts and range mat (I still have my old chest rig which is 28 years old)  very good quality, cut well and lasts.  Not sure but weren't fortis originally country covers which was an off shoot of arktis

Yes they were county covers so are we talking about the same kit ?

I have a GORKA jacket. Plain green with brown shoulder and elbows.

Russian smock make out of tent fabric. Or more likely tarpaulin fabric. Tough as nails. Windproof. Showerproof ( apparently the fibres swell and seal to some extent when wet )

Very old school but I love it. Look on ebay - various colours available - and some even fleece lined now.

8 hours ago, Strangely Brown said:

Arktis was the military/police side of Country Covers who have now rebranded to Fortis.

Thank you for the clarification. I have a mate that has a fortis smock he loves it

Archived