UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Sign in to follow this  
pg339

BRNO Model 5 22lr bolt action rifle

I am looking for a BRNO Model 5. These were made from 1957 to 1977/78. Rifle must be in excellent condition and preferably with walnut stock and retaining original sights. Someone out there may have one sitting in the safe.

Good luck with your search. I have a Mod 1 and Mod 2, both from the mid-50s, and love them. neither of mine are in anywhere near excellent condition, although both shoot well.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I may well settle for an early Mod 1 or Mod 2 if a Mod 5 doesn't turn up. I well believe both of yours shoot well, they are quality.

I have this exact rifle in virtually new condition, buttplate, irons, hood, etc. Stil has old factory grease on it showing. Fired approx 50 rounds in its life. This was the finer version which was hand oil finished, not spray coated with varnish.  It’s an extremely rare piece which I searched for for years but finally found from a collector who bought it new and used it for a few shots indoor on 2 occasions only.

would I sell it? No, unless the offer was one which I could not refuse, so make me one and we will see if there’s turkey to be talked. Btw - you obviously have good taste ;-)