New 6.5 Creedmoor build underway

A friend of mine in San Jose, California, Marc Soulie from Spartan Precision Rifles, is building me a custom 6.5mm Creedmoor rifle.

It’s built on a McMillan Carbon ambush A5 stock which is completely carbon fibre. The action is a Remington 700 that has been completely blueprinted and trued with a custom bolt knob to come shortly.

SPR custom bottom metal to accept AI mags.

Fitted with a Bix’n Andy Marksman trigger (Has to be felt to be believed...the most fabulous trigger).

The barrel is a Proof Research carbon fibre barrel.

I have the rings at home which are Tier 1 unimounts to fit a Swarovski Z8i 2.3-18x56 scope.

All metalwork to be cerakoated flat dark earth including the adjustable butt plate.

Somewhat unsurprisingly there’s a Javelin carbon fibre bipod fitted to one of our picatinny mounts on a 4” front pic rail

I’ll post more pictures as the build progresses but here are a couple of early ones with a borrowed Vortex scope.

EB602FA7-55B4-47AF-8CBA-DBB911C08C3C.jpeg

Very nice Jim. Love the look of that floor plate.

Doesn't the tube 3 way butt upset the balance of what is obviously gonna be a very lightweight stock though ?

I have a similar carbon fibre ambush on order for a customer, they do look the dogs. :D

Archived