Accu-Shot BT57-QK Monopod for Accuracy International AT and AT AICS

AIlswell

Just fitted one of these on my AT308.  I couldn't find any good online pictures of one fitted before I bought it - even the Accu-shot website is still showing what looks to be an unfinished prototype so I've attached some close-up pics here for reference.

They are available to buy here:

https://www.sportingservices.co.uk/products/bt57-qk

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Hi Allswell

lovely bit of kit ,I also have an AT and would like to fit the rear monopod - how easy is it to fit ?? . also have you info as where you got the adaptor to fit the bipod under the front stock . 

cheers Richie

13 hours ago, Richiew said:

lovely bit of kit ,I also have an AT and would like to fit the rear monopod - how easy is it to fit ?? . also have you info as where you got the adaptor to fit the bipod under the front stock .

Hi Richie.  The AT install is pretty straightforward - see instructions for fitment pictured below together with the pieces I cut off the stocksides (using the so-called  "parting lines" as the guide lines for the cuts) and also the supplied bolt that comes with the BT57-QK.  I couldn't use the supplied bolt as I have the butt spacers so I needed a longer bolt to accommodate them  (which fortunately I already had in the spares box or else I would have been delayed having to order one up separately).  The only tricky bit in the fitment is the cutting process along the parting lines to make sure it looks reasonably professional - I previously installed some of the updated AW pistol grip stocksides on my AW308 a few years back and that required an additional adapter piece to be installed on the Accu-Shot monopod model I already had fitted for use with the traditional thumbhole AW stocksides and for the new AW pistol grip stocksides to be cut - I was rushing that job and messed it up so this time I just took my time with the AT stocksides using a standard box cutter knife and it worked out fine.  It took around 45 minutes to fit.   The only thing I missed first time round when fitting was that it's also necessary to cut off some internal pieces of plastic from the bottom section of the stock sides (these look to be internal cylindrical guide mouldings to house a factory fit AW style monopod which I think was originally advertised as going to be a factory fit extra cost option when the AT was being launched but which then seemed to completely disappear as a factory option from the marketing material...). 

The bipod shown on the AT is the standard latest pattern AI bipod for use on the AT/AX and it's mounted via an adaptor onto the AT's bottom keyslot rail - it's the AX keyslot bipod adaptor AI part number 25855 pictured here:

https://www.eurooptic.com/accuracy-international-bipod-mount-assembly-for-6730-bipod-onto-ax-counter-sunk-fixings-psr-an.aspx

The bipod mounting adaptor can be ordered up as a spare part from Sporting Services or the other UK approved suppliers.

Instructions 1.JPG

Instructions 2.JPG

Hi Allswell

WOW !!!  what a difference it makes .ordered the parts monday and they came wednesday , plucked up the courage today on day off to start cutting the plastic side plates after removal . cut them with a junior hacksaw and finished off the edges with some needle files ,cut the internal webs off with a small pair of electrical sidecutters . Even with the extra spacers fitted for my long arms the supplied allen bolt fitted a treat. Been laying on the upstairs floor getting the comb reset and experimenting with eye relief on the scope .Massive difference in head position returning to same spot and reduction of paralax hopefully . Bipod adapter fitted to underside of front stock lifts the front of rifle up just the right amount to suit a very flat prone position with a little bit of barrel elevation .As found last weekend the normal bipod mount position seemed too flat for the army range when we needed our  targets to be a minimum 70 cm above the ground to clear the regulations re moving targets  .

All them poor groups might just be my fault now Ive got a steady platform .

Thanks     Richie

Glad it worked out Richie!  I originally got my pod adapter for use with my AX but after experimenting I ended up using an Atlas on that one.  The adapter definitely adds a useful pod mounting option for the AT bottom keyslot rail in addition to the standard forward AT chassis mount.  While it's obviously down to personal preference,  I've found the AI pod to be a better match for the AT than the AX.

The Accu Shot monopod is definitely a nicely made piece of kit.  I'd say this latest version for the AT feels/looks better integrated to the chassis than the previous versions for the AW (although they are  perfectly functional too).

I bought one of these a little while back to fit to my AT stock. 

Now I don’t know if my AT is an older version but when I was fitting the monopod I ended up having to file off some of the metal of the internal skeleton frame. Only a small bit or the bolt was effectively to low to go through the internal frame and through the butt.

Its the AICS chassis for the R.E.M. 700 I have but I wouldn’t have thought that would make a difference. 

Strange but it fits now so no big problem.

finished the cut plastic bits with a heated up screwdriver to get rid of the saw marks and smoothe it out a little as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Last weekends shoot in still conditions using the monopod for first time and also first time at 300metres ,shooting prone and once sighted/ sorted the elevation ( easy job with FFP scope ) I was hitting target centrally and scoring at worst 4s and mostly 5s with quite a few V bulls ,think its a 1 1/2 " or 2" centre  . So very happy with the new gear fitted to the AT308 . home loads of 42.5 gr N135 with 155 gr lapua scenars  loaded to COAL of 2.825" .Everything working well .

Archived