British Shooting Show - No Dogs

Brillo

I was browsing the British Shooting Show online booking system recently and just spotted that no dogs are allowed in the show this year.

I must admit, despite being a dog lover and being owned by an Airedale Terrier, I've always found dogs at the show a bit of a pain especially when some bring a mob of them.

However, I do hope that this is well signposted well in advance of the show entrance as it will be annoying for anyone who takes their dog with them and pays on entry only to find they cannot take them in.

yes I love my dog, but would never take her to a shooting show or a game fair, to stressed for the dog, and I don't like stepping in dog crap ,its about time they stopped dogs going.

5 hours ago, JabaliHunter said:

Why would anyone take a dog to an indoor exhibition?

You would be surprised.

At the 2016 show I I saw several people with multiple dogs on leads. One guy had 5, yes 5, chocolate labs on tow.

Years ago l described the typical Shooting Show attendee as: “Morbidly obese, wearing top to toe RealTree camo and a twatty leather cowboy hat, being towed by two psychotic Springers.”

Why the dogs in a rammed exhibition hall?

Why the camo? Who’s he trying to impress?

maximus otter

8 hours ago, maximus otter said:

Years ago l described the typical Shooting Show attendee as: “Morbidly obese, wearing top to toe RealTree camo and a twatty leather cowboy hat, being towed by two psychotic Springers.”

Why the dogs in a rammed exhibition hall?

Why the camo? Who’s he trying to impress?

maximus otter

‘cause they think it’s cool and chicks dig them perhaps? ??

1 hour ago, Roy W said:

If Bradders had a dag!

dog1.png

Luckily for you that's not funny, so you can get away with it....if it was remotely funny, it'd be binned by now

If you could see me now, you'd see that I'm not even smirking

• baldie changed the title to British Shooting Show - No Dags

Camoflauged dog would get in though....sneaky beaky.

Is that some form of cheap rip-off Tiger Stripe camo?

Strange ??? my post seems to have been removed. Was it offensive ??? 

It was referring to dog's being taken to the show as part of the dress code. Or words to that effect.

As quite a few have commented why drag a dog round an extremely packed hall, even if permitted like the previous shows. Not only is it stressful for the dog's the trip hazards from leads is just ridiculous.

On 03/01/2018 at 10:07 PM, JB1 said:

Strange ??? my post seems to have been removed. Was it offensive ??? 

It was referring to dog's being taken to the show as part of the dress code. Or words to that effect.

As quite a few have commented why drag a dog round an extremely packed hall, even if permitted like the previous shows. Not only is it stressful for the dog's the trip hazards from leads is just ridiculous.

If the mods dont agree with your post it will disappear :) , this one may go soon :) 

Archived