Yugoslav Mauser K98 NOW SOLD!!

for sale is my Mauser K98 in first class condition. . all numbers are matching but for some reason there is a number scored off and a new matching number teeped on the the bottom metal. reason for sale is my eyes are getting so bad that i only shoot with a scope now. buyer will not be disappointed with this rifle plus it is very accurate. i have about 110 factory rounds(50 s & b match the rest ex military) i also have about 22 stripper clips + the ex military have 12 stripper clips. there is about 110 once fired cases.

REDUCED

Looking for £375.

20171231_105309.thumb.jpg.fe3388fcefebabf1030a4ee9e3de5834.jpg

20171231_105234.jpg

20171231_105244.jpg

20171231_105328.jpg

20171231_105343.jpg

20171231_105431.jpg

20171231_105534.jpg

20171231_105553.jpg

Yugoslav rather than Hungarian. Most likely a German re-arsenaled action with new stock and barrel. The 1.TRZ marking is common on arsenal rebuilt Mausers and Nagants from Yugoslavia. Nice rifles and good shooters. 

Good luck with the sale, no doubt the new owner will enjoy it.

No worries. On closer inspection, it's sitting in an original wartime laminate stock.

I love the K98, and have always wanted one. If i hadn't just spent 3K on a 6.5cm set-up i'd of had that. Typical.....

Looks really nice. Good luck with the sale.

Bump.

• 2 weeks later...

hi tony, sorry for the delay in answering you but i never got any notification from UK varminting about your post. the RFD fee is usually £25 at my end and the same at your end. i cannot send the ammo through the post as nobody up here will ship it, so that would need to be F2F. if you would like the rifle and the empty cases/stripper clips i can let you have the them for £375. i should be able to sell the ammo locally.

davie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Davie 

I'm too far to come and view it, I'm sure It's Ok I'm definitely interested but I do normally like to inspect any gun up close B4 I buy. Also I cannot take possession of the loaded rounds so will you take £325  by Bacs transfer plus £25 for the Rfd to Rfd transfer. Call please on 07880 976904

Larry

hi Larry, you will not be disappointed with this rifle but i  will let it go for £350 + RFD charge. i can always sell the ammo, clips and cases locally. sorry but that's the best i can do. i have it sitting in my cabinet and would rather somebody got the use of it. as stated my eyes are not what they used to be and iron sights are no use but if it isn't sold i can always see about putting a scope on it.

regards,

davie.

Hi Davie

Being a rifle of that age need to ask you if there are any marks or pitting down the barrel, Is the action quite smooth and how would you rate the trigger pull.

If all's good I'll take your say so, and I'll agree to the trade if you include the clips and cases for £350 + £25 RFD charge. 

Regards Larry

hi Larry, all seems to be ok with the rifle and the trigger pull is about normal for a military rifle. i will look out the cases and clips and agree with the £350 + £25  + cases and clips. let me know how payment will be made and i will contact my RFD to expect a call from your RFD. we will need to swap RFD details.

Hi Davie 

That sounds great I'd say we have a deal. So That's £375... for the rifle  110 cases 22 stripper clips, including RFD to RFD charge.

If you let me have your email via text to 07880 976904 I will send you a copy of my FAC and then communicate  the rest via email, then  I will pay you via bank transfer, when your  happy It's in your account you send me the rifle.

Just thought I'd ask have you got the reloading dies (let me want you want for it) or did you just use ammo.

Done one of these before  you are giving your rifle to your RFD he will do the RFD to RFD transfer  so he fills in your FAC as if you sold it to him for £0  then he sends the rifle to my RFD who then fills in my FAC as if he sold it to me .

So your RFD needs to see your FAC and my RFD needs to do the same with me...all part of the fee.

sorry but you have lost me. normally when i have sold a rifle you send your FAC to my RFD and he fills it in then posts it back to you. he then, after contacting your RFD, sends the rifle to him. you then go to your RFD with the filled out FAC and he will give the rifle to you. that's the way it has been on my last 2 rifle sales.

sorry but i only ever used factory ammo.

Archived