UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Sign in to follow this  
Nick 53

New rest

Hi all, firstly wishing everyone a Forthcoming Happy New Year !

since I have sold my seb rest earlier this year ! I can’t forecast the future ! I am now going to buy a 6br in the new year, I already have my sight on such a rifle . I will be shooting 600/1000 yard Benchrest and Fclass comps. Now I want to buy a Front Rest to use under my 6br.

i want to buy a mid range front rest! Seb rests  are out of the price bracket.

what and where is ideal to look at? I’ve seen on the net the Caldwell 6BR Rest around £240.00

what do you think Please Clean Answer please!

Cheers Nick 

Hi Nick,

For benchrest there's the Caldwell Fire Control joystick rest. I started out using 1 of those and won the factory sporter class at 600 a few years ago. I also know there are a couple of guys selling almost new 2nd hand ones they started with at the GSAC 1000yd range. However, I'm not sure how they would do for F-Class. There's always the option of having the stock inletted to take a piece of Anschutz rail and use a bipod for both.

Atb

Panda

Nick,

As a serious bit of benchrest kit, the Caldwell leaves a lot to be desired but, I've seen them used in competition. 

When (- if) you start shooting benchrest competition you'll soon get to hear what's available on the s/h market.

Please don't lash out £240 on a Caldwell.

If you do buy the 6BR that was on the club notice board, it has a three-inch wide fore-end and you'll be able to borrow a rest on the day - until you can get your own.

Hi nick 

not sure if this is what your after but optics warehouse have Caldwell fire on offer for £249.95 ,plus 10%off until new year ,happy new year all,Dave .

Hi gun Pimp ,

thanks for the information, once I have my 6br will come to suitable comp and have a go ! The rifle I have looked at has a rail inlet into the forend so for time being I would shoot off bypod. Once I have funds for front rest then I shall ask to see if there are any second hand for sale.

i hate to get a serious small group of my bypod and not be able to score points ! That could be sickening ! 

5 minutes ago, Villadave59 said:

Hi nick 

not sure if this is what your after but optics warehouse have Caldwell fire on offer for £249.95 ,plus 10%off until new year ,happy new year all,Dave .

Cheers 

5 minutes ago, Villadave59 said:

Hi nick 

19 minutes ago, Panda said:

Hi Nick,

For benchrest there's the Caldwell Fire Control joystick rest. I started out using 1 of those and won the factory sporter class at 600 a few years ago. I also know there are a couple of guys selling almost new 2nd hand ones they started with at the GSAC 1000yd range. However, I'm not sure how they would do for F-Class. There's always the option of having the stock inletted to take a piece of Anschutz rail and use a bipod for both.

Atb

Panda

Cheers panda