Scope for 7.62x39

meles meles

Can anyone recommend a scope for use on a CZ 527 chambered in 7.62x39 ? It will be used at short to medium range, generally with military surplu sammo but occasionally with hand loads for greater accuraccy. Ideally we'd like it to have a 1 " tube, magnification can be fixed or relatively small (say no greater than x10), FFP would be nice but not essential. A reticule with hashes for holdover would be nice (we're not a fan of mil dot though). Budget is low, up to £250, less is preferable.

I had a S&B 6x42 on my 527 carbine - which I assume you have if its 7.62, a lovely little rifle. Scope was ideal for stalking and lamping, although reticle lacking in any form of hash marks for hold overs.

Perfect little scope for the perfect little gun.

Sad I sold it now.

I have the classic 527 Carbine in 7.62x39 and while I use it mostly with iron sights, I have a vintage Weaver 2.5X I mount for load testing and hunting when I think I'll need it. It is short, bright, and seems to 'fit' the rifle.

I also have the 2017 issue 527 7,62x39 that has the 16.5" barrel and is suppressor cut. On that I have a Zeiss 2-7X which seems to be about rightly proportioned with the suppressor mounted.

The X39 in one of these CZ's is a highly underrated cartridge. Accuracy with either of my rifles is sub MOA with my handloads of Hornady 123 grain or Noslers of the same weight.~Andrew

(Wolf Steel case, copper washed steel bullet ammo will shoot between 1 and 1.5 MOA.)

(Ruger's new American Ranch Rifle in 7,62x39 is a seriously good shooter, too)

We're torn between a nice fixed magnification scope like a Meopta, of which we already have several 6x42 and 7x50 on other rifles, and a low magnification zoom , say 1-4 or 1-6, with a specific 7.62x39 reticule. Leatherwood and Primary Arms both make scopes in the latter category but they don't seem to be available here in England...

Archived