reload costs

banus02

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/12/2017 at 12:21 PM, Brillo said:

I keep a spreadsheet of my reloading. Primarily it’s how I keep track of the number of rounds fired in each rifle and how I control and evaluate my load development.

I also have a little formula for each calibre that automatically calculates the cost of each round and the total ongoing cost. The latter cell is well out of screen view because it is frightening. 

If my good wife ever saw that cell she would have a fit.

One thing is certain, with costs rising like they have, plinking is no more.

I would love to get a copy of the calculation - I have a copy of excel, but am too stupid to be able to program it. I would like to be able to get an idea of what it costs me to feed the .308 and the .357 toy. I would have to keep it hidden from SWMBO as she would take my knackers off and suspend them from her ear lobes!

Shooting defo costs me more than I thought it would, but WTF, it gives me pleasure. I also spend a fortune on motorcycles. I don't really care, I only spend what I have. If I'm short I work some more! I get no pleasure from figures on a bank statement and hate the thought of dying with money in the bank I could have enjoyed! 

As a long term biker I take the view - screw tomorrow, it may never come :)

Archived