Bushnell scopes?

Thinking of putting a bushnell 4200 6-24 X50 side focus on the rimmie, my question is what are bushnell scopes like? Having never looked through one I have no idea but i want to put something mid range on the rimmie nothing to expensive but something decent for target work which has good quality glass for the odd bit of lamping, I can have one of these from the states for about £300 after tax which is a damm bit cheaper than they are over here, any advice appreciated and welcome.

The Elite series were originally Bausch & Lomb scopes (original makers of Ray-Bans) who were absorbed by Bushnell sport optics.

A friend has a B&L and compared it to the same Bushnell version, he says that the only difference is the name on the turrets and the objective.

Quality is top notch.

Ian.

hi to all

the bushnell elite 4200 scopes are excellent for the price. i have two 2.5x10x50 on a r/f and a 4x16x50 on a .243.tested the 4x16x50 against a leupold 6.5x20x50 vari-xlll and bushnell was much better.and my next scope is going to be there new one 6x24x50 side focus.you just will not get better for the price.

Similar positive comments as per the above made me buy an Elite 4200 8-32. I am disappointed. The quality of the picture is not as good in my opinion to that offered by the Weaver Grand Slam range and I don't feel that it is as well made. The adjustments are not as smooth nor as positive.

Considering the retail price in the UK is now £599.95 against a Weaver retailing at just over half it doesn't seem to make sense in spending double for a lesser product.

The above of course is only applicable when Weaver make a specification you want and the largest magnification is 20x.

I do suggest you actually see an example before you buy rather than like myself be disappointed after the purchase.

I now have a 8-32 Elite 4200 for sale - unfitted as it was simply taken out of box and viewed and then put back. £375 + insured P&P

Guest 308Panther

Bushnell ??.....

Very Seriously...... try before you buy.If at all possible.

The glass is better on the higher end models.

But I still feel a mid grade Leupold is better than a high end Bushnell.

The Leupolds seem to take the knocking around better and still hold a zero.

And the glass on Bushnells cloud abit after a few years....or at least mine did.

There was one Bushnell made that a feature I liked...it was equipped w/ a switch on the tube

just in back of the vertical adjustment that would allow you to switch the reticle from a duplex type

to the old German Post....Very handy in lower light.

I dont know if this model scope is even made anymore.

308Panther

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Thinking of putting a bushnell 4200 6-24 X50 side focus on the rimmie, my question is what are bushnell scopes like? Having never looked through one I have no idea but i want to put something mid range on the rimmie nothing to expensive but something decent for target work which has good quality glass for the odd bit of lamping, I can have one of these from the states for about £300 after tax which is a damm bit cheaper than they are over here, any advice appreciated and welcome.

There is one of these scopes for sale on AirgunBBS.com ...... about £330 at the moment.

Too late ... now sold

Guest 308Panther
There is one of these scopes for sale on AirgunBBS.com ...... about £330 at the moment.

Too late ... now sold

Yet to see any Bushnell actually worth that....

That translates over to $660 over here.

I know for a fact I can almost take my pick of Leupolds for that much money.

Granted the Leupolds dont have all the gimmicky stuff.

But I dont like buying gimmicks.

308Panther

Archived