Sako TRG 22 6.5x47 Lapua

Ronin

Sent to me for refurbishment, a rather tired TRG 22 in 308, which a previous owner had "well used"

On stripping the gun to componant parts, it was obvious the rifle needed some TLC.

The chassis anodising was worn and corrosion had started where steel screws touched alloy, there was a considerable amount of detritus in the trigger unit, which wouldn't have ended well (if anyone knows TRG's, they dont like dirty triggers.....)

The rifle has now been rebarrelled in 6.5 x 47 Lapua using a Med Palma profile Lothar Walther 8 twist barrel, threaded M18x1mm with protective cap.

Barrelled action and rail ceracoated Coyote Tan, bolt handle, bolt shroud and chassis coated in satin black.

I believe the new owner has a S&B scope in tan to complement the barrelled action colour.

The stock body and forend have been cleaned and the trigger unit stripped and cleaned out (you'd be amazed how much crud came out....)

Anyway, a few images, its been too dark, misty and drizzly "ooop norf" to take decent pictures outside..

IMG_6211_2.jpg

IMG_6212_2.jpg

IMG_6218_2.jpg

IMG_6217_3.jpg

IMG_6216_3.jpg

IMG_6219.jpg

• 1 month later...

I still haven’t collected it. Ronin is doing a 22-250 to be collected at the same time. 

One of my biggest regrets selling the first TRG I had. I am chomping at the bit to get behind this one. I have some 130gr Hornady ELD-M bullets to try.  

• 4 months later...

Archived