silverstone range

banus02

good evening,just to let any one who may interested .i called john at silverstone rifle range on wednesday to arrange an afternoon for me to to check rifles etc.every thing was very easy,nice set up, john was very good and explained the range rules and what was expected ,safety and arc of fire,do,s and dont,s.etc . my good lady came for a drive up and she was able to sit by the fire inside the warm cafe/shop.i spent the afternoon setting up a recently fitted scope and another rifle and was able to check differing loads etc. the range is nice and clear with good shooting position and tv monitors<it did take me a few shots watching and checking the target through the scope > the tv screens are very clear and were very easy to see as were bullet holes.i had a short break for a hot drink and chat to john.i was a bit unsure about leaving rifles in the range but john can see the range with his cameras and the door is monitored so all very secure.i returned after my hot drink and continued  untill 1645 at which point i could not see the center of the target through the scope but could easily see them on the tv monitor. very enjoyable afternoon and very good set up.john made every thing very easy and i will be going again.well worth a visit.

Archived