I have now got through my first 100 rounds of HPS factory which uses GGG brass. Someone suggested it's not good brass and not worth reloading. Is this true? The only other brass I have is 36off Sako which I have already re-filled and  emptied again to good effect; it was more accurate at 100 & 200 yards than the HPS factory.

I'm using 168gr lapua bullets

Would you guys use the GGG or buy some better cases?

11 hours ago, bradders said:

GGG brass is excellent, pay no attention to anyone who says it’s no good.

Asit’s from HPS it’ll now be at least twice fired, as they buy the once fired from the NRA

Unless of course the head stamp is "GGG 308 win" in which case it was probably new commercial brass. 

21 hours ago, bradders said:

Nope, they don't make brass for sale as components, it all comes from pre-loaded ammunition and it all comes off the same production line....ergo it's the same

Thats is strange then.

I have 3 different types of GGG .308 / 7.62 cases.

The first is head stamped 'NRA 155 GGG 7.62'. This was purchased from the NRA and had a crimped primer. I reload it and has now been twice fired.

The second is head stamped 'GGG 308w'. Was purchased from HPS as a loaded round with our (clubs) usual recipe and sold to us as brand new brass. HPS have since reloaded some of these for us. These do not have a crimped primer. 

The third is head stamped with GGG and has the NATO symbol. ( im not interested in these as I dont have enough for a decent size batch of reloads, and so have been tossed in a bucket of random brass).

When I clean the first two types together in an ultra sonic cleaner, each type reacts differently to the chemicals in the solution. The 308w cases come out much duller than the 'NRA' cases. I would surmise that there are metalurgical differences between the two types.

Archived