Sign in to follow this  
Machinexl

Ruger mini 14 parts

Hi,

im after a front sight and flash hider/muzzle brake for a ruger mini 14.

And a decent mount base

also after magazines 20 or 30rd 

cheers

Definately have the flash hider

31 minutes ago, gazzarM1 said:

Definately have the flash hider

Then you better have a slot on your license for it Gaz and the OP better have a slot to acquire as well

You know what we mean Bradders!! 

The original bird cage thing on the front of a ruger haha

https://basc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Good-Practice-Guide-for-Registered-Firearms-Dealers.pdf

In respect of a firearm certificate it is very important that you are aware that there must be an unused authority present on a firearm certificate authorising the type of firearm, Section 1 component part or accessory before the transfer is completed. Equally the correct calibre and quantity of ammunition to be transferred is authorised by the buyer’s firearm certificate.

Note: Accessory in relation to firearm certificates means detachable sound moderators and flash hiders. 

Or muzzle brakes ?

12 minutes ago, gazzarM1 said:

Or muzzle brakes ?

Nope, just flash hiders.

According to the 1968 act they are classed as a firearm in their own right. I'm only pointing this out as there is a tightening up of the rules going on

Ive recently bought a ruger mini 14 ranch rifle. It came with a moderator fitted which is the over barrel type. (Yes i had a slot for 223 rifle and a slot for 223 mod).

in fitting the mod the original owner removed the front sight and bird cage thing from the end of the barrel. Call it what you like but thats what i want to replace should i want to take off the mod. 

Its a part that comes with the rifle from new and is not a separate licensed thing. I guess you could call it a muzzle brake.

You can call it Brenda if you like, the fact is that part is a flash hider, it's designed to reduce flash. It's not a muzzle brake, it doesn't do any muzzle braking or compensating no matter how you try to dress it up.

Why don't you contact the seller and get it off him?, coz if he still has it and doesn't have a slot then......

If it came with the rifle then it should still be with the rifle, even if it's in a drawer

https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com/2015/07/23/flash-eliminators-are-licensable-firearm-components/

So if i bought an sgc or similar ar15 .223 straight pull that came with a bird cage wotsit on the end, and i took it off, am i now in posession of a restricted part that i dont have a special separate slot for?? What about if i wanted to put a moderator on there? By your logic id be breaking some rules.

its no different for the ruger. You can buy these things on ebay!! I just want the original one for a ruger.

maybe my mistake was to call it a flash hider, but you know what i mean and it sounds like you are just being a bit picky.

You called it a flash hider because that's what it is, whether you like it or not

Following your logic, if you did buy an AR15 from SGC and took the f/h off and replaced it with a brake, that wouldn't be a problem, but if you then sold that rifle with the brake on it and kept the f/h, then you would be in possession of a controlled part without the authority for it

The fact you can buy them on Ebay is irrelevant, the Firearms Act states they are a controlled part. I have tried pointing that out to you, posted a link to the good practise guide that we RFDs were given, that BASC have posted on their website, and also posted a link to a case where someone was prosecuted for possession of a flash hider.....and yet it's still not sinking in, is it?

Why would I have any reason to be picky? it's not my problem, all the flash hiders I have are on my register, coz I know the consequences. What you do is up to you, it doesn't really concern me. I was trying to point the problem out to you I won't bother any more

Crack on

Machinexl

honestly, listen to what he is telling you......really

atb

reecy