GGG Brass

onehole

I have recently bought some of the above once fired 5.56 brass from a forum member on here.After quite a bit of "prep" ,,,,which I knew it was going to need being once fired but at £13 a hundred I  was not too bothered as I would prep all brass in the same way regardless,,,,,,,,I must say from use on the range today its proved itself the equal if not better than any other brass I have used to date if only judging by group performance ,,,,yea good brass ,,seems well constructed and feels a good weight which makes me suspect volume may be a little less than some brands??not sure but kept my loads down a bit just in case.This post is not ment to be a plug for our forum member selling it but does anyone know a little more on this brass? it also seems to be "duller" than commercial brass,,,,and can new GGG brass be purchased from somewhere perhaps,,,,?? thanks O

1 hour ago, onehole said:

and can new GGG brass be purchased from somewhere perhaps,,,,?? thanks O

No, only in loaded ammo

I have thousands of the blighters, all sized, trimmed and pockets swaged waiting to be loaded one day

Thanks,,,,,,may even get some more!!!,,,,,,,,,noticed that on second cleaning the brass came up same as other brands,,,,still think brass is of a "special brew"",,,?,,,,,,,,,,,and if anyone is interested case neck,s may need a bit more necking than Lapua with Redding bushings for example I am using a 246 bush as apposed to 247 on my current  lapua brass.,,,,ie necks look to be a bit thinner,,,,,O

Archived