McMillan Stalker

baldie

Here's one I recently finished.

The customer wanted a long range Mouflon/Chamois rifle, that was light but had the poke to cope with long range mountain shots.

cQ39K81.jpg

Its a 7mm Remington magnum.

Built on a McMillan long action magnum action [ of which I have one left ]

This is the action the Chris Kyle sniper rifle was made on. 

A beautiful thing, this one is controlled round feed, and has a peg ejector at the rear of the action.

qQPhcYT.jpg

The barrel is a sassen , spiral fluted 1 in 8.5" at 26" long.

Muzzle threaded M14 x 1, invisible capped and fitted with my 2 port brake, and also an A-tec Hertz mod.

All paintwork done in Cerakote sniper grey.

jhTVrMN.jpg

Op1Nyfz.jpg

I order the stock, a McMillan game scout, direct, and its the lightweight edge tech model. It came in black, as the customer wanted a Shadowgrass camo, which I duly performed in Duracoat.

The trigger is a Timney Calvin Elite.

No expense spared on the floor plate either.

N6reYxy.jpg

This is a sunny hill stainless model, absolutely flawless in construction, but silly money. A rifle of this quality deserved it though.

nTksL2a.jpg

Only other addition was to make a small picatinny rail and fix to the fore end for the customers Atlas bipod.

The barrelled action is also fully bedded etc.

I enjoyed building this one, it tips the scales at around 7.5 Lbs.

All work, as usual, done in-house.

• 3 months later...

Hi, could you please explain the benefits of the sunny hill bottom metal? I'm building a similar set up and it would be a shame to have a big AI mag sticking out the bottom of the stock! 

Depends on what use you have for the rifle. If weight is an issue, and its going to be over your back on a sling, up hill, and down dale...then an internal mag is preferable.

The sunny hill models have no equal. They are solid stainless steel with swiss watch tolerances. Absolutely beautiful, with a price tag to match however. A rifle of this quality deserved it.

Archived