Delta Stryker

topscots1

• 3 months later...

Hi Stephentri,

If you're looking for an unbiased review of this scope then i'm probably the wrong person as i'm a Delta convert !!

I've had the Titanium 4.5-30 for over a year and love it so muchI bought the 5-50 3 months ago on the back of it. I love it !!

I personally like a fine reticle and the Delta has that and a superfine centre dot that illuminates with 11 stages of adjustment with "off" between each level which i like.

Glass is very subjective, but to me Delta glass is better than Nightforce (i've had 2 NXS's) and almost on a par with S&B (i've had a PM2) and considerably cheaper than both. People ask how it compares to Sightron (similar price point)...i've never had one but looked through my mates and wouldn't thank you for one (just my opinion).

Only downside as mentioned before is the slightly crap coin slots in the turrets but thats a small price to pay.

As said before everyones eyes are different but for me I don't think you can buy any better at the price and without spending at least double.

Hope that helps.....if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Regards, Rob.

Stephentri, I'm in agreement with Rob.

I was looking at the Kahles 624i with a SKMR3 ret (at£2240 or thereabouts)  - as I could not get my head around all the divided opinions regarding S&B.  Do I break open my piggy bank and go Swaro with Tactical turrets, IOR's are fugly, The Bushnell DMR is great BUT for £1245 - optics warehouse 10% off - the Delta Stryker is a darned good piece of kit.  Eye relief - tick, turrets - tick, 34mm tube - tick, sexy bugger - tick, ret - tick, glass - tick, tick

• 2 years later...

I had a look through one at a shoot last Saturday. The image quality is very good and they're solidly built it seems. My only concern and that of another guy who was contemplating getting one is that the eye relief is very unforgiving especially above 35X. In his case, it was the deal breaker as his neck isn't very flexible and he finds shuffling round to find a sight picture a problem.

5 hours ago, Chris-NZ said:

I had a look through one at a shoot last Saturday. The image quality is very good and they're solidly built it seems. My only concern and that of another guy who was contemplating getting one is that the eye relief is very unforgiving especially above 35X. In his case, it was the deal breaker as his neck isn't very flexible and he finds shuffling round to find a sight picture a problem.

I have a Delta Stryker.  Comparing to my Nightforce Comp at the same magnifications I'd say both eye boxes are roughly the same - tight.  I think it's an unavoidable function of the optics rather than a design choice.

The Delta optics are easily as good as my Nightforce but not as crystal clear as my S&B PM11 (at similar magnifications)

• 1 month later...

Further observationson the 5-50 x56 Stryker.

Tracking tests have been as expected faultless. 

The glass optical quality has proven to be of a very good quality.

The reticle is sublime , very fine with illuminated centre dot.

So no complaints. 

Well! Only one and I am at a loss as to how this has come about. The objective lens was found to have a small chip , this was very disapointing and I have no idea how it got their. On checking it again an other substantual chip was found again I have no idea how these chips were caused. The scope was put back in the cabinet still attached to my 222 Tikka and was not taken out again, I then contacted Optics warehouse and was told it would have to be sent back to the manufacturer and postage and repairs would have to be paid for. The scope is still under guarantee.  The quote for the work was several hundred pounds. 😤. On removing the scope from the rifle I noticed a small area with many tiny chips that looks like a small sharp instrument had been used to sand blast it. The rifle / scope is kept in a cabinet with several scoped rifles none of which are effected in any way. Any ideas as to how this has come about? As I am completely stumped. 

3 minutes ago, David will said:

Further observationson the 5-50 x56 Stryker.

Tracking tests have been as expected faultless. 

The glass optical quality has proven to be of a very good quality.

The reticle is sublime , very fine with illuminated centre dot.

So no complaints. 

Well! Only one and I am at a loss as to how this has come about. The objective lens was found to have a small chip , this was very disapointing and I have no idea how it got their. On checking it again an other substantual chip was found again I have no idea how these chips were caused. The scope was put back in the cabinet still attached to my 222 Tikka and was not taken out again, I then contacted Optics warehouse and was told it would have to be sent back to the manufacturer and postage and repairs would have to be paid for. The scope is still under guarantee.  The quote for the work was several hundred pounds. 😤. On removing the scope from the rifle I noticed a small area with many tiny chips that looks like a small sharp instrument had been used to sand blast it. The rifle / scope is kept in a cabinet with several scoped rifles none of which are effected in any way. Any ideas as to how this has come about? As I am completely stumped. 

picture would help