Wildfowling explained?

Which club are you thinking of joining ?, They mostly have a probationary period for new members/Wildfowlers and some clubs do bird Id.

Which association are you also thinking of joining ? , I do quite a bit of fowling just ask away.

They do all vary a bit, but generally;

Find the contact address for the Secretary of you preferred club ( BASC have a list)

The Sec. will send you details of what is available, and the Joining Process.

This may involve an interview, visit to their Marsh, questionaire  etc.

You will need to be a BASC member, this is sometimes included in your membership fee.

Usually there will be a Probationary period, when you will have to be accompanied on the Marsh, both for your safety, and for the Club to be happy with your ability.

From there on, attend all the Club Events; listen and learn; get a gundog and a good pair of binos.

Best of luck.

11 hours ago, Furyan said:

Which club are you thinking of joining ?, They mostly have a probationary period for new members/Wildfowlers and some clubs do bird Id.

Which association are you also thinking of joining ? , I do quite a bit of fowling just ask away.

Not sure yet, just been Googling and found a few near me. I have sent some emails to ask a little more information.

51 minutes ago, orsoncart said:

They do all vary a bit, but generally;

Find the contact address for the Secretary of you preferred club ( BASC have a list)

The Sec. will send you details of what is available, and the Joining Process.

This may involve an interview, visit to their Marsh, questionaire  etc.

You will need to be a BASC member, this is sometimes included in your membership fee.

Usually there will be a Probationary period, when you will have to be accompanied on the Marsh, both for your safety, and for the Club to be happy with your ability.

From there on, attend all the Club Events; listen and learn; get a gundog and a good pair of binos.

Best of luck.

Thanks for that, looking forward to it.

I would suggest the wash as i know there are a few from your area who travel there .

But unfortunately you have to be a member of basc, which now in many peoples views have no interest in wildfowling as the biggest fowling club in england is leaving them.

Im in country side alliance , and sacs

Archived