XLR evolution chassis ?!

treetop

Anyone know who stocks these in the uk ?

I am in the market for a new stock to replace an AICS, Remington 700 s/a

I am interested in the XLR or the AB arms gen 3 , but as the gen 3 is over a grand, I'm not sure I can justify it

Cheers

Al.

£979 for the AB Arms stock from a U.K supplier.

http://www.mcavoyguns.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d720_Remington_model_700_AB_Arms_MOD-X_Gen_III_Chassis.html

The XLR from - although doesn’t have the barrel in a tube like forend would

Appear far better value. Depending on exchange rate and tax my initial conversion is £420

I know which I would be going with. Of course it depends on task

requirements. 99% of ukv members are clearly not military or police so there isn’t a true need for a full barrel forend.

It works out at £722 for the Evolution + tax - unless I'm doing something wrong ?!

The envy which has a different ( open ) fore end is about £ 588 + tax

But it's a massive saving on shipping from the US ... Damn this £ to $ !! In fact, damn ' quantitive easing' lowering the £ completely...

As a British consumer buying imported goods, I would rather have a strong £ ..

But thats a can of worms/ side thread, that I am sure I, like others would be happy to discuss elsewhere- however as this thread was about rifle stocks, I would rather keep it on track

Thanks

That’s not a problem!

I thought I had done something wrong..

I have emailed McAvoy, to find out the availability & price with the optional 20 moa rail, but I await an answer,

I shall update this thread with there reply .

Thanks

Well, 

after talking to XLR in the US, they put me on to one of there dealers in Holland.

suffice to say that after we had a haggle,  I have now ordered the XLR Element chassis & the new XLR Envy chassis. I am unsure if the exact date of arrival as he is compiling 1 order so as to split the transportation & tax. 

Hopefully not long to wait ! 

Hi, 

you can buy the adaptor from the 'get go' same as other rails & options.

i have 2x AICS chassis with viperskins & they have served very well for a number of years, but I fancied a change. 

I could not decide if I wanted the Element or Evolution, but then I see the Envy & really liked some of the features that they have included, like an Arca- Swiss rail , which will come in handy when I shoot off the tripod.

the Dutch connection has certainly helped on the tax / duty, I believe that Norway has similar deals with uk, but I could not get a definitive answer. 

All the best

al. 

• 1 month later...

I have the evolution I think.  Thr all alluminium xlr and absolutely awesome chassis. Much lighter than the aics and we'l made. I had to pay 166 tax on top and wait quite some time maybe 6 weeks to recieve once in uk as it had to clear customs. I bought it from - noray

I have the Evolution, Carbon and Element.

They are great stocks, light but strong.

I have 3 different stock variations that they offer, different roles.

I have always got mine from the states direct, but being trade get a better deal, my last order of 8 stocks came in 5 weeks.

Cant go wrong, enjoy.

Mark

• 2 years later...