UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
GT3_richy

RS52 and 308W load data

On 8/13/2018 at 1:46 PM, Malxwal said:

Looking at this change to burn rate, has piqued my interest, mainly in understanding more. I tried changing the burn rate for my own load using Nosler 125gr bullets, and see that only a change up to 0.5100 is required to match my chrono'd velocities of 3010. Looking at it, the given value of 0.5045 gives a velocity of 20fps lower for my load.

So, modifying burn rate only applies to a given load, , in this case the 150gr and up bullets; if using 0.55 in my other loads/rounds, they subsequently appear to be over pressure.

What other factor should be changed as a constant so that RS52 QL data can be more accurate across the board ?

This was ONLY adjusted for the RS52 powder batch I have and in my gun/ chrono combination. As QL was no where near on velocity to what I measured.

if your QL is within 20fps I would leave the Ba alone. Mine was around 100fps out. 

i leave settings the same for all other powders.

I don’t reccomend changing it  unless you know exactly what you are doing . It can get you in to trouble pressure wise. If you are only playing around with QL for learning that’s a great way to learn, but please make a clearly labelled copy of the powder file in case you accidentally save your new settings in to the original powder file name. And get it mixed up later . 

Happy learning.