Upgrade Accuracy International AT

Scotch_egg

Hmm.

I am supposedly fitting the first one shortly.

My price is £750, but that includes de-bonding, and re-bonding the new stock to the chassis with the correct factory adhesive.

I'm missing something. At this price point, why would this be a preference over simply buying a complete AX AICS?

Customers fall in to two camps Matt.

Price sometimes has a part, but the AX stock is marmite to some, they either love it [ price irrelevant ] or the simply hate the tubular fore end.

Everyone loves the AX skeleton butt however.

If your customer doesn't object it would be great if you can share some pics when it's done Dave.

There is also some rumour this may be retrofittable to non-folders also - that'd be a great worthwhile upgrade at that price point when the Folder/Non folder from the factory is £400. Im sure Dave can advise if that rumour is true.

When I get hold of one, I will have a look.

I see no reason why not. The chassis is the same size, it would simply need cutting to accept the new hinge.

When I get hold of one, I will have a look.

I see no reason why not. The chassis is the same size, it would simply need cutting to accept the new hinge.

I'll be watching this thread with anticipation.

Out of interest Dave, is the monopod for these stocks a picatinny attachment opposed to a stock retrofit on the standard AT stock ?

• 2 weeks later...

Without sounding too much like a nugget(don't worry, it comes naturally to me.....), is there any chance it's backwards compatible with older AICS chassis'? Even with some jiggery pokey/butchery?

I realise they fold the opposite way, that's not a huge issue for me, it's more about the stock during use. I do like the AX butt.

Archived