What's your understanding of 'in stock'?

CameronWilson

Put it this way - it's something which a certain multi-location and online UK gun and shooting goods importer/retailer doesn't understand.

Hmmm, a consumer would assume on the shelf ready to ship but a vendor possibly that they think it may be available at their supplier so that it might be deliverable to them but they arent sure of that and cant guarantee it !!

Without naming names do are you talking of a Centre that supplies guns to sportsmen? If so I suspect I have come across a similar issue in the past?

SRVET - bang on on this. " In stock" means just that.. The retailer has it PHYSICALLY IN STOCK and when they take your money they do not jam doughnut you around for 13 weeks and "Oh we sold they last one just as you ordered yours".

I would email the head office of the brand and add the time spent, cost of your time, cost of your 'phone calls and send then a £££ number as compensation. A German car dealer has just paid me for 9 days lost of PCP rental for a car (and my time per 15 minutes on the 'phone and sitting in the reception on a Friday night to be told it is not ready as promised) which has been in the garage sorting out their that which promotes growth and vigour. Mediocre retailer standards bug me.

PS there are some great retailers out there . . . !

ah yes the worse than useless sgc,just had the same issue told yes in stock be posted today can they have card number etc,all done and dusted three days later told cant get items for four to six weeks and they will call me when they are in the post.NO REFUND MY MONEY phone dies.three phone calls later money refunded,not in my bank yet though after five days.more calls to make... kin useless

In theory, when you buy on line to this company, which declines a money back policy, you enter in to a contract with them. Part of the contract is a no refund policy, but equally, at the time of sale you are entering the contract with the company stating the product is in stock.

It has to work both ways....

If you're shopping online, what's your understanding of 'in stock'?

"When we get five or ten orders for this item backlogged, well think about ordering them from the manufacturer. In Kazakhstan."

I too have dealt with the retailer mentioned. Buy from them again? I'd rather "that which promotes growth and vigour" a knife.

maximus otter

In theory, when you buy on line to this company, which declines a money back policy, you enter in to a contract with them. Part of the contract is a no refund policy, but equally, at the time of sale you are entering the contract with the company stating the product is in stock.

It has to work both ways....

Exactly. It's breach of contract. An offer to treat has been made no differently had you been face to face and the understanding clearly is that unless stated otherwise "in stock" means available from the vendor for immediate dispatch unless clearly highlighted otherwise. Acceptance and payment are made on that basis forming a legal contract. If they genuinely had just run out of goods, that might be different but when so many people experience the same thing from this seller, it seems borderline fraudulent to obtain money for stock that you don't possess, or at least sharp practice!

Archived