UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Rob1562

Foxing with 300wsm ?

Hi all,

as per title, is anyone foxing with a lightish bullet in their WSM ?

I was thinking of loading my Blaser R93 300wsm with either a 100 or 110 grn bullet with the intention of achieving 3000+fps....anyone out there currently shooting such a thing ?

Regards, Rob.

Ran 130 hornady soft points and h4895 and 110 vmax with so70 through a Browning eclipse. Both provided spectacular results in both mid range accuracy and terminal effect. Currently shoot a t3 which dosnt like these lighter bullets at all.

I don't think this I quite what your asking but I run a 270 WSM case that's necked down to 6mm which pushes the 55g Noslers out at over 4,500 ft/sec

OSOK

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

I currently run 155grn Berger vld's and these are both extremely accurate and effective as a deer round, although a bit overkill on Roe.

I was wondering if anyone knew whether the standard Blaser twist would stabilise these lighter bullets ?

If no one has tried that combination, I guess there's only one way to find out !!

Regards,Rob.

Your problem won't be stabilizing the lighter the bullets, it will be the opposite, if you spin them too fast they may blow to pieces in flight.

Used to run 110grn max at 3600fps in 308 cant remember the powder , I did these for someone else ,turns fox into mush