cleaning

wildrover77

I have just cleaned two of my rifles with Forest Bore foam. I had to leave it in overnight to get all the copper out.

I am left with some white spots/patchs visible in the bore of one of the rifles.

Cant find anything on the net. What is causing this? Is it some form of corrosion?

Just to clarify I am using a £7.99 ebay bore scope! Detail is not the order of the day but the patches are clearly visible and will not shift.

Just shoot it and see what happens, if your accuracy goes then start to worry, when did you last bore scope it? What was it like then?

I bore scoped it before cleaning with the Forrest foam. I bought the Foam because of the scary amount of copper in the barrels.

It got the copper out but i am left with the white patches which were also visible before the foam.

I know it's highly rated by some, but I can't stand that bore foam.

For a really deep-clean, I use KG12 followed by a bit of a buff with KG2. I've used it in my Sako TRG for years and for me, it's the dog's. The rifle still shoots one hole groups.

I have a mate who swears by the foam. Each to their own I guess?

I occasionally use a borescope and have never gotten and weird patches / marks, just a clean barrel.

Have you considered looking at a different copper remover, just to put your mind at rest? But then, like Wildrover77 and rhhudson said, if it shoot just fine, and it's not actually damaged the surface of the bore, than why worry...shoot away!

Archived