6.5 for Fox

PhilM

• 1 month later...

I Have just renewed my ticket and put in for 6.5CM i  already have.243 and .22.250 the reason i used was on a windy night i wouldn't be sure of a humane kill shot, so i wanted a higher BC bullet and i would want it conditioned for deer, fox etc FEO said no problem and i didn't even get a visit. That was Hampshire firearms dept.

Kevgun

2 hours ago, RePete said:

How quick is lightning quick?.........we're in Hants

RePete

Licence expires 17/11/17 sent 15 page renewal forms (coterminus with sgc.) sent on 20/09/17 no visit sent back to me 2nd class from Winchester 1/11/17 I think that is fast ,ok maybe not lightning but pretty fast I'd say..

1 minute ago, Villadave59 said:

Licence expires 17/11/17 sent 15 page renewal forms (coterminus with sgc.) sent on 20/09/17 no visit sent back to me 2nd class from Winchester 1/11/17 I think that is fast ,ok maybe not lightning but pretty fast I'd say..

Sorry should read 20/10/17 not 20/09/17 ..

• 1 month later...

Have a look in the home office guidance as the magic words are there.......

Section 13.25

Although not set out in legislation, common rifle cartridges considered suitable for
the shooting of foxes range from .17 Remington, and .22 Hornet to .22 -250 and .220 Swift, though there is a wide range of suitable similar calibres commercially available.
In windy areas, where heavier bullets aid accurate shooting, or if applicants wish to use one rifle for shooting both deer and foxes, they may choose a rifle in 6mm (.243/.244) or 6.5mm (.264) calibre.

so there you go....foxes in windy places where heavy bullets aid accurate shooting

if they cough then direct them to YouTube where Mark Ripley does a fine job on Fox with a 260 Rem

Archived